Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Monster Fulgurite:surprised:

Ugly-J

I can take one off my bucket list today, even though I've had to put my treasure hunting on hold here lately. I've needed to get the fences up around my ranch before the ground get hard. So I was clearing some rocks from the fence line and odd object caught my eye within the rocks. It was dirty but had a glossy / shiny look to it on the inside. I wasn't real sure what I had at that time until I found the other half. Even then I didn't know the correct name for it "I just called it a lighting strike crystal". When I got back to the house I cleaned it up , and researched what the hell it's called. Fulgurite. It's rare and sold by the gram. This monster must weigh three or four pounds and is almost a footlong.

WOW! Great find. I've never seen one that large. You might want to scour that immediate area for some smaller ones too.

Thank you KinTN. Went back to look for smaller pieces and all I found was a Giant piece. This one is really cool. You can see were the lightning ran along the granite and down to make the fulgurite.

That is beyond cool. A fulgurite (just a small one) is one of the few rockhounding finds that I have not been able to check off my lifelist.

If you can sell it for $$ by the gram your best luck would be a scientist interested and studying it's matrix and probably only can if you have a complete piece and have the exact GPS location . I base this on the fact that you can make it yourself . Good luck and I truly hope you can find a buyer by the gram . Woodstock