Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MONTANA (March update)

Dustyroundup

Howdy all,
Well , I figured I'd start a new thread.
I confirmed on the phone, with the Landowner, of the "STAGE STOP " site, that we can hunt it.

Heres the deal. As soon as he's done calving , I have to meet with him , and I have to have a witness, as to the fact that I am accepting full responsibility. That I am LIABLE.

He is not going to charge us , but " if we find a pot of gold , he wants half"

Concerns of his are,
WEED seeds: :from our vehicles ,on his ground. I suggested we could walk
in ,and maybe let 1 vehicle ferry people back and forth.
he said he has a way to do it,

Holes: : He doesnt want holes, that a cow or horse can trip in, so we
have to treat it like a park in town.

Grass: :Its pretty hard to grow out there, so he's concerned about
the damage, so we'll have to do plugs, like we would in a park
And , he asked , me , if I'd follow you all around , and sprinkle
a little grass seed in areas we dig. I agreed, and I would hope
You all would help, by doing this also. Grass seed is light .

Junk: : If we dig up a piece of junk, it has to go out. and if we see a
piece of wire, or junk on the ground, to please haul it out.
Basically , anything that could cut or trip up a cow/ horse / tire

I agreed to theses things, and I will assume the responsibility to make sure they are fulfilled.

If you all still want to do this, I guess you'll have to agree to follow suit.
I dont really want to do this guy wrong, when he is nice enough to let a group of people , that he doesnt even know, play in his pasture.
And I dont want to spend extra days of my time cleaning up.

He also agreed to us using his ground, for the Competition hunt.

I asked for either the first or second weekend of june, he agreed.

So thats set.

Now , the Forest Service, and camping out.

Originally, I asked to camp AND do the Competition hunt. and was directed to the head Geologist of ALL areas. And was told NO.

I called the District in question again, and asked STRICLY, camping, one night, "whats the number of people allowed as a group? " I was told to call a guy tomorrow.
And I will.

otherwise, we could do as someone suggested , and split up. As there are numerous campgrounds in the area. and there are numerous "campsites" along the road into the campground.

I'm doing my best to keep us close, so we can have that BBQ.
(I found out , that Montygarlic actually has a secret recipe BBQ sauce, and its on the Market. He will probably bring some..)

Oh , last but not least, I talked to Tim from "Team ATC"
(They put out the "Extreme Metal Detecting Videos")
He said they would donate a few items for prizes, and if they arent off running around the country, they will be there.
He said they would help newb's with tips etc.
They are also carry some metal detectors and related gear, and if they cant make it, he said i could bring some stuff, in case someone needs a pro pointer or something.

We've got a bunch of OLD coins, for the hunt, Silver Dollars, Indian head pennies, Buff Nickels, V-Nickels, an old worn out standing liberty quarter?
a few "STEEL Wheaties 1943, and some older wheaties.
And there will be more i am sure.
I also have a few ladys prizes, so if the wife wants to come along , we have a few prizes for them.

It should be FUN !!!!!!!!
its all coming together.
so we need to figure out which weekend ??????
the "first" or "second" weekend in june.
Or should we let that ride depending on weather?

OK WHEW!!!!! I'm done for now.

Dusty

Wow great work getting it all together Dusty! I would of course respect the wishes of the landowner and remove all trash and throw some grass seed as well. Sounds like a lot of fun, here is my vote for the first weekend of June, let us know how it progresses. Sounds like a lot of fun to detect and meet some other folks, thanks for doing this!
Jon

Howdy jcooking,

Well, so far everybody wants the first weekend of june, so lets just go with that then.

I just got off the phone with the REC guy for the Forest Service in that area, and we can camp at Pintlar, no problem.
Pintlar C.G. is a no fee site.
He did say we might need a plan B for camping , as there might still be too much snow at that time , to get in to the C.G.

I will have a Plan B and C.

Good to hear from you jcooking.
Im going to send you my cell number by Private message. Call with any questions or concerns.

Dusty

Well,
The landowner gave us a capacity of 20 people, and we have hit that mark.
I did count in
jcooking and montanamatt. and goldseeker.

We are actually at 21, so I guess I have to cap it off.

Sorry about that , for any and all late comers to the forum, or this subject.

Theres always the possibility of someone canceling, and that would open a hole.

Thanks for al the input .

Dusty

Howdy all,

Well, this just sucks,
We went out and met with the landowner, and even though I thought the ground was high enough , for flooding to not be a problem, I was wrong.
OH OH,

Well, I guess I was wrong, as I thought we copuld still do the hunt on account of it being high ground.
Its pretty dry ground , and it is irrigated by a ditch.
Right now there is so much water coming down, that he has the opportunity to really flood the ground.
So, its wet , really wet, and he doesnt want to disturb the soil, with vehicles and us.

I dont know what to say, but its called off for a bit.
he said we can discuss at a later date, but for now, hes wanting to leave it alone.

So, that sucks.
I feel terrible, but I didnt figure this weather would be an issue.

I guess, most of you have my number, so , ???? any ideas? or should we let this ride out till we get some dryer weather, and try it then ?

Any input is great.

Dusty