Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Montana Outing

Dustyroundup

Howdy.

Well, the idea of camping , and having a competition hunt, on Forest Service is out the door.
So, the camping issue alone, is a big issue.,as most of you were going to drive a long way.
I talked with F.S today, and they said if there were a group of people , that looked like they were together, as a group, that would require a "recreation " permit, that costs alot of money, and needs to go through a "Notice of Intent " process.

I dont know what to think.
Any ideas?

Dusty

Sounds like we need to all just run into eachother at a specified place and time. I have used the FS land lots of times and never needed any sort of permit. Thought you had private land secured for the group hunt? Just my two cents, but asking too many questions gives too many chances for people to say no. How much is the permit, maybe everyone interested could chip in.

I would be interested in going on a group hunt. I have found that if you don't inform the F.S. of what you want to do then they won't say no. Any time you ask them questens they will come up with reasons why you cannot do that. Forest service has been infiltrated by alot of envirolentallists and they would prefer no one be in the forests except them. I once called the Libby forest service and asked them a questen about a spot to prospect way up on Libby Creek well above the old Noranda Mine and that next weekend when I got up there to the gate, the Forest Service was already there waiting for anyone to show up to prospect, to run us out. Every time I never gave them a heads up, things worked out for me. I say lets just put together something, date and time and every one just show up and If F.S. shows up , then we just say we are not in a group at all. What do you all think about that? Let me know.