Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Montana update #2

Dustyroundup

Howdy all,

Ok, this is what Ive come up with so far.
I'm just trying to get this thing going, and dont seem to be getting a heck of alot of feedback.

But, thus far, I have come up with this plan of action. It will all be confirmed on paper in contract form for the parties concerned,
The contracts are to assure that everything will be as planned .

I will have a newsletter out in March 2011, and i will post it everywhere I can, from Missoula, to Bozeman (east to west) and Helena to Dillon (north to south)
It will state that there will be a "Group Outing" in late May, or early June.
The Outing will be held on private ground, where an old stage coach stop was located. ( permission in writing , from landowner)
Location,,Big Hole Valley Montana

I am also looking at getting a donation, of a door prize.
The door prize will be of a decent value.

I'm thinking, Everybody that signs up to join and help form a club, will be eligible for the door prize.
To be held as a drawing.

So, what do you think?

Dusty

Great work Dusty,
let me know as things progress, would like to hear more as you get it going!
jcooking

Howdy jcooking,

Well, it seems like as spring nears, i am getting more interest in this.

So far, there are 8 people interested, and sound sincere.

We have come to this.

A 2 day outing/ get together, in June
Free camping at Pintlar Lake.
(this makes it easier and more productive for out of towners)
The Stage Stop , on Private Ground isnt the "only " place to detect in that area, as there are more areas on public ground that are capable of producing .
I will have maps , and am willing to point out those "public areas" So, if people dont know the area, and get bored, they can travel around.
And, in case, there are any rock hounds in the group, I will gladly share what I know, of "where " to find some neat specimins in the area.

The main hunt will be on Private Property, that as far as I know, according to the landowner, "Nobody has detected"
at least with his permission that is.

The landowner and I are working this out, to where he will only give permission to " Club or Group members"
This way, he is guaranteed that his land will be respected, and it will sort of motivate people to join up.
I have 2 months to work this out with him, and get it finalized.
This whole thing , as far as that site is concerned, will be documented on paper.
Once I get that done , I will be able to put together a newsletter / flyer.

This should be done by the end of March.

I am not really aiming at the Big Hole as the only place to hunt. Its just a starting point, to get some M.D.ers together.
and then take it from there.
If this flys, I am hoping that others will help come up with ideas for other areas to hunt, as I am willing to travel myself.
I have plenty of little hot spots for my personal pleasure in detecting, but I like the idea of the social aspect, and the possibilities of meeting others that I may want to hunt with.
It also opens the door , on actually seeing what other brand detectors can do.
I think it will be a kick.

I will definitely keep you informed.

H.H.
Dusty

Howdy Matt,

You bet I will.
I am getting a little more feedback , as spring nears.
I think I'm up to 14 people now, that are interested.
So thats a good start. and I do realize ,not all will show, but if half show, thats still a good start.

Yeah, this thing might work.

Have you been hunting this winter at all?

Dusty

Hi Dusty,

I haven't been detecting this winter yet. I'm not really into pounding the frozen ground with rock hammers like the Team ATC guys :rofl:

Yeah Matt,
It aint fun .
I have tried a few times. Theres an old foundation, on a wind swept knob, that has had clear ground during those warm spells.
So, I figured I'd cherry pick for silver , seeins how the ground is so hard, but dangit, theres a bunch of little square washers, that are not rusty,
that vdi in the penny dime range,.
Anyhow, after spending time chiseling and picking ,while being blown by a cold wind, I end up just scouting with the detector.
I sure cant wait for spring thaw.
hey , matt, do you have a 4 wheeler?

I think I still have your number, I should call you.

Dusty

How far is this destination from Avon or Lincoln, MT? I am interested. I know of several other locations as well including a spot that Henry Plummer is said to have hidden a saddlebag full of gold. I can't find anyone willing to go help detect for it. Any takers. I think as a group it would be fun to follow the trail of all places Plummer is said to have burried Gold and search as a group. Any cache found to be split up among those that take part.

Howdy ,
Goldseeker,
Yeah, I used to live in Twin bridges, and "Plummers Roost " was my eastern view . It is a nice idea though.

Avon is maybe 2 1/2 hours from the Stage Stop site.

There seems to be quite a few people showing interest, from Montana.
I think it would be good for us to hook up, thats why I'm trying to get this Outing together.
Then when everyone is together, maybe we can discuss starting up a club.
On the other hand, we might meet people that we get along with, and even if there isnt a club so to speak, at least we may make some detecting buddies.

I'm going to send you a private message.

Dusty