Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Monte any Luck Testing the Canadian Coins with the Racer? :shrug:

The folks up here are still wondering how the Racer does on Canadian coins.
Apparently it must not be any good for us Canadians.....?
No further incentive then to take another look at them?
Too bad Makro didn't send one up here for testing...............I offered....but, we were still snow covered.

I'll test em for ya buddy. I bought my racer, so I'll give you guys the straight forward scoop.
I'll even pay you for the coins you send. PM me.
PS.... I still have not got around to firing up the Berkut 5.

Hi, found out one of our Canadian forum members is on the pre-order list and if he gets his before next fall, US orders get filled first, he'll give a complete test.

I can send you a free cold and flu.........was hoping to get out today, decent weather, oh well. have to wait another week or so, back to crapola weather starting tonight.

Happy Hunting

I can give it a go with the common coins....my kids collect them so we have plenty around.....no loonies or other big coins though....

Sven,

I had most of the post ready a couple of weeks ago when my computer did an automatic update and it got saved ... somewhere. :shrug:

I started working on this last night and I'm finishing it up now. Will post soon.

Sorry.

Monte

I see no reason for it not to hit on those coins all my detectors hit on them even the deus...I have the racer and it hit on your penny nice and hard and your nickle...

Well, no one else has had a chance to do this, so I'll give it a shot.
Fortunately, many Canadian visitors to Southern California have
made donations to the beach, which I was honored to gather.

I did these tests pretty quickly, so I look forward to seeing confirmation
(or contradiction) from others. Many of the newer coins gave very
flakey, jumpy, almost random results, as noted below. At some point,
I hope to retest the coins on milder ground.

=========================================
Canadian Coins
Tested on Makro Racer
Using 11" standard coil
(on ground that balances at 84)

$2 (1997, 1999) -- 83-85
$1 (1989) -- 86-94
25c (1975) -- 86-96
25c (1980) -- 82-84
25c (2007) -- 55-82 (very jumpy all over)
10c (2002) -- 12-52 (even more jumpy)
5c (1989) -- 53-55
5c (2008 ) -- 51-82 (very jumpy)
1c (1962) -- 83-85
1c (1975) -- 85-87

=========================================