Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Monte, Concentric Coil Option FORS Gold+

very quickly! :thumbup: I moved from Arlington, Oregon to Vale, Oregon and have been/still am busy cleaning and unpacking in an organized fashion [size=small](if that's possible)[/size] and haven't been on the Forums as much. I know a Concentric coil isn't for everyone, and I think they have had the time to work with its design and hope the performance is there. If you get one to work with, let me [size=small](and others)[/size] know what you think of it compared with a similar-size DD.

Curious how their Concentric will do in the gold nugget hunting country you search? I also wonder if they will work more on a Concentric coil design for the FORS CoRe, future Impact, or ??

Thanks,

Monte

I have been looking really seriously at the Fors CoRe, but am waiting for the Gold+ to come out before I decide. I am hoping Nokta will come out with concentric coils for the CoRe.

bring out just one, good-working Concentric coil to suit my needs and wants.

machineman said:
I am hoping Nokta will come out with concentric coils for the CoRe.
I agree, but since I am not picky I only would like one Concentric. Since I use smaller-than-stock coils the most and have for the bulk of fifty years now, a Concentric of about 6" to 6½" diameter would be great. I would like one for the Nokta FORS CoRe and the Makro Racer, but I have to admit is will be a challenge for them to make a smaller-size Concentric that works very well with their current small 'OOR' Double-D coil. It would have to do something really well to up-stage the 'OOR.' Concentric do usually have an edge, however, over a DD for more consistent, good Discrimination and, size-for-size, a little better depth of detection. Better iron target handling is what I would mainly be looking for.

Monte

I like elliptical coils for prospecting, the best being 3x7 and 5x10 or something like it. But when I am in a park or old home site I dont have a problem with round. I like concentric for sensitivity and target id. One of my problems with a lot of new gold detectors is that they are coming stock with small round coils. I really like the 3x7 size for poking around in river bottoms between rocks. I dont see why fisher made the new gold bug with a 5" round stock and never made a 3x7 like on the Gold bug 2. NEL made one though. Seems like the manufacturer of the detector should make a bunch of coil options so we can buy from them. Next to the 5x10 size it seems like the 3x7 size is the next most common coil for vlf nugget machines. I had a shooter coil on a Whites GM2 and it was awesome I never took it off. It excites me the way Nokta is running their company. Keep it up. My Gold Bug Pro will most likely be sold to get a Fors CoRe or Gold+ soon.

pretty sure I read Dave J say that 1st Texas makes detectors and welcome after market coils there is the NEL snake if wanting a small elliptical coil for the GBP.

Good to this company having a real dig at the market :thumbup:

AJ

yeah I have been looking at the NEL Snake. I have to decide to keep the GBP . I am really interested in the CoRe or Gold+ right now.

Monte said:
bring out just one, good-working Concentric coil to suit my needs and wants.

machineman said:
I am hoping Nokta will come out with concentric coils for the CoRe.
I agree, but since I am not picky I only would like one Concentric. Since I use smaller-than-stock coils the most and have for the bulk of fifty years now, a Concentric of about 6" to 6½" diameter would be great. I would like one for the Nokta FORS CoRe and the Makro Racer, but I have to admit is will be a challenge for them to make a smaller-size Concentric that works very well with their current small 'OOR' Double-D coil. It would have to do something really well to up-stage the 'OOR.' Concentric do usually have an edge, however, over a DD for more consistent, good Discrimination and, size-for-size, a little better depth of detection. Better iron target handling is what I would mainly be looking for.

Monte

Monte

Agree and I also would like to see one for the Racer line as well

Tom