Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Monte: Racer vs Racer 2 vs Gold Racer

berryman

Monte: It appears that, now that you have the Racer 2, you no longer have the original Racer in your arsenal. But are there any circumstances/situations where the Original Racer has a use/advantage over the Racer 2?

I also see that you appear to be hanging on to Gold Racer. How much overlap is there (if any) between the Gold Racer and the Racer 2? Will the Racer 2 come close to the Gold Racer in the gold fields or on the beach searching out gold jewelry?

I will keep my racer 1 I think being more raw then the racer 2 is what I like for relic hunting. And deep mode won't help in the ground I hunt. But for those that have not got one now you have a choice and with the impact coming maybe this year it seems to me this company is make some great machines for us to own. I don't think you can go wrong on the 1 or the 2 less you are a park hunter

I like my Racer for park hunting (really trashy areas) using the 5" OOR coil. I think the Racer 2 will be a huge improvement over the Racer for the parks. Having the notch, adjustable Tone Break, and being able to set the tones you want by category will be a great benefit. As an example: Being able to set the coins at mid tone and the jewelry category at high tone could be a real plus. The Racer 2 has a much broader VID range for coins that will allow easier cherry picking for coins in heavy modern trash. The V3i / DFX BigFoot coil combo still rules the open grassy areas. Now we just need a BigFoot type coil for the Racer.

I think the racer 2 is going to be a great school park unit and relic hunter. I still like the 1 and how its a turn on and go detector. I don't need a tone break I hunt with 2 tones only and I don't need to assign a tone to different segments I like iron and a high tone. I think the racer 2 will be what a lot of people that didn't get the 1 want and so I believe it will be the detector that a lot of hunters that have or had fishers and other detectors should get. My feeling is if the detector doesn't see a target then you don't know you missed it. The racer along with the deus make a great one two punch when hunting a new or old site they are both great detectors.

Tom Slick said:
I like my Racer for park hunting (really trashy areas) using the 5" OOR coil. I think the Racer 2 will be a huge improvement over the Racer for the parks. Having the notch, adjustable Tone Break, and being able to set the tones you want by category will be a great benefit. As an example: Being able to set the coins at mid tone and the jewelry category at high tone could be a real plus. The Racer 2 has a much broader VID range for coins that will allow easier cherry picking for coins in heavy modern trash. The V3i / DFX BigFoot coil combo still rules the open grassy areas. Now we just need a BigFoot type coil for the Racer.

Don't forget about the Bigfoot and XL-PRO 4 Filter detector that can handle a faster sweep to cover more ground faster!

The Gold Racer is a Micro Killer...

the R2 is very sensitive but not in the same league as the GR..

BUT it's more than GREAT at being a Je machine...

actually the R2 is as sensitive as a 19Khz unit from other manufacturers maybe even more sensitive..

the GR is just in the next realm ..

I can say the GR is a GREAT at hitting on small Brass at say 7 inches the size fo say a brass rivet head...that the R2 and about any other multi purpose unit on the market will call iron at that depth IF they even see it..

I use the GR for Relics but I use it in Precise locations...it compliments the R2 it does not necessarily compete with it..

All my thoughts

Keith