Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Monte, what is the performance difference between,

Eliteuser

the Makro RC29 (11X7) and the RC26 (10X5)? I have both and the RC26 is solid. Haven't used either one much and going on a C W relic hunting trip. Haven't seen much on the Racer 2 since the forum changes, thanks Jerry

Monte might be out on a hunt, so I'll put in my 2c.

I like the smoother lines and lower profile of the RC29V racer 2 coil compared to the red racer coil. Performance wise you can't fault it.
But putting the RC26 coil on the Racer2 was really good - it just made the unit balance even better. I felt target separation was slightly improved.

The RC26 was my coil of choice on the Racer 2 before I went to the Impact.

The RC29V is the 'standard' 7X11 DD open-frame search coil.

The RC26 that you have has now been discontinued. It is the 5½X10 DD solid-body design.

The RC24 is the search coil that replaced the RC26 and is a 5X9½ DD that is an open-frame design.

The RC29V is the improved standard 7X11 DD that is designed similar to that used on the FORS CoRe or FORS Relic that has the rod-mount closer to center for better balance and feel. That said, I seldom used the standard coil on the Racer 2 as I find it to be front-heavy and more fatiguing, at least for me, When I hunt a more open sites and want to use that size coil, I grab my FORS CoRe most often. All my detectors, regardless of brand, keep a smaller to mid-size coil mounted because I search trashier places. The early mid-sized elliptical, the RC26 with the solid-body design, I preferred over the standard coil for most open-area searches. I kept a smaller-size 'OOR' or 5" DD attached to the detector most of the time since I hunt very trashy sites, but switch to a mid-sized coil for more open areas.

I let my solid 5½X10 DD go, the RC26, because I preferred the newer open-frame design and feel of the RC24 which is a 5X9½ size Double-D coil. The other coil you might ant to consider, if you decide to shop for a comfortable feeling and very nice performance afield search coil, is the round 7" Concentric. If you are going to be hunting a Civil War location, then also consider the terrain, vegetation growth, and be prepared for a place that was heavily used and might have a lot of trash to deal with. For the really dense debris sites I prefer the round 5" DD coil, and if the area is more or less an open condition with sparse targets to deal with, I prefer the 5X9½ DD open-frame or round 7" Concentric by-far over the other available factory coils for a Racer 2.

Monte

The 5.5 x 10 is an excellent coil on the Red Racer or Racer 2. You will be surprised how much trash this coil can handle and still sniff out the goodies. It does have its place as being an enclosed coil, it deals with the grass and brush whereas an open frame spoke coil will want to hang up in that stuff. If you already have that coil ...use it. When a site becomes very dense in trash than opt for the oor coil or 5" coil.

I want to first thank you for the detailed report on my request for information re White Treasurer Pro and Fisher 44. I have removed the White from my list of possibles. I want to thank you and to offer my apologies for missing the most important part of your response. First a back story. I have an FFL, sell and carry firearms. Customers frequently ask "What do you carry?' That answer like your choice of detectors to use depends of where I am going and my mood for the day. Like you I use (carry) those I know and can depend on.. A customer upon being given an answer will almost without fail respond:

What do you think of it?

I want to respond but don't:

I think it is a piece of shit. I carry it to throw at the bad guys."

Your reply ended with you saying, when traveling you carry or take 2 F44's. I looked over that while reading your reply again 3X. My plan for the moment is to purchase the F44 at $309.00. I will pass on a DD coil and get something "MO BETTA" for Oklahoma coin shooting. Again thank you for your time and willingness to share information. You are correct about being new. I am a student and try to research and read what ever I can find.Information from dealers and manufacturer. I look for info from users.

Navydad
W.E. Duff Norman, Oklahoma
navydad@juno.com