Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Monte's explanation on how to ground balance.

Been out out of the loop for at least 10 years and need to start from scratch. I was ground balancing and was ok. Now I have the same old questions coming up again. I'm 87 and learning is slower than it use to be. Thanks for your help Bill

Monte had ways to balance detectors both with an all metal threshold mode and also one without all metal. A good GB cancels out minerals to increase depth.

If you have an all metal mode, adjust the threshold up while off the ground and turn it up so you can hear it. With your coil about 8 inches above the ground, lower it quickly. If the threshold gets louder, turn it down by going negative on the dial. If it gets quieter, turn it up. Adjust until the threshold doesn't change when lowering the coil to the ground. Some detectors can do it automatically by pumping up and down, some have a mode to automatically change the ground balance. A search on the internet for your detectors 's manual should tell you all you need to know.

Monte also used a method in discriminate mode to set ground balance. He would lower the ground balance until the detector sounded of when quickly raised from the soil, then slowly raise it until the moment it stopped sounding off. He then called it good.

Good luck and I hope you do well.

Welcome back and get out there and get that exercise!!! Keeps ya young when you can pull of those dance moves from yesteryears when you find the good stuff!!!

What metal detector do you own? That would help determine the course of action to properly ground balance it.

Reactions: Ism