Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Monte's Nail Board Test - CM Pro & Prism 4 tests

reddirtfisher

:cool: I am looking for someone who has done Monte's Nail Board testing on either the White's Coinmaster Pro or the Prism IV machines. If you did,...what were the results? I can't find any information anywhere on this. I couldn't find any videos on youtube with anyone testing either of these units. Thanks, RDF :detecting::whites:

just to not be confused with a response from a different end.

reddirtfisher said:
:cool: I am looking for someone who has done Monte's Nail Board testing on either the White's Coinmaster Pro or the Prism IV machines. If you did,...what were the results? I can't find any information anywhere on this. I couldn't find any videos on you tube with anyone testing either of these units. Thanks, RDF :detecting::whites:
Yes, RDF, I have tested both of these models and, honestly, most of White's detectors. These models came with standard with either an 8" or 9" + coil, and they have an accessory 4X6 'Shooter' Prizm coil, and I have used all standard coils and the 'Shooter' DD coil on my Nail Board Performance Test.

Results: Terrible. All models and coils 'flunked.' I consider a 'passing' performance from a detector and coil combination that let you just barely reject the four iron nails, then get a response of at least 6 out of 8 required sweep directions [size=small](four routes with a sweep from left -to-right and then right-to-left to make 8 coil passes)[/size].

I even used the Prizm 6T, later repackaged and named the Coinmaster GT, with all available coils. These two models have a quicker-response and faster recovery, but the others [size=small](such as the two you asked about)[/size] have a delayed response and slower recovery time. Still, none of them passed the test to satisfy me as models I would want to have in-hand to hunt a ghost town, homestead, renovation site or other place that had a dense iron nail condition.

For hitting a local woodchip or sand-filler playground, or just day-to-day park hunting, they will work on par with other basic, entry-level detectors. They fail to meet the demanding performance required for more serious hunting by an avid detectorist going up against a lot of ground and trash target challenges.

Monte