Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Monte's silver stack test

wvrick

I came across this video and it concerned me as a new Deus owner. I said to myself "No Way" and had to try it myself and to my surprise, I got the same result as in the video. I'm in no way bashing my new detector but would like to know how this happens? I run the test in other factory programs that had a GB of 90 and it saw the silver as it should but on "Fast" the same as the video. I lowered GB as in the video and it detected them but the only way I could get it to "see" the silver at 90 was to use fewer coins. I did get it to detect the coins off the front tip of the coil but that was all. I've loaded the Deus with other custom programs but I'll not use "Fast" until someone can tell me why this happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6D2Rf4nphI&list=PL9fsPSwO9yaR1QZWDicvzgFyYEJ1-EMlK&t=0s&index=14

I searched for the "Silver stack test" and found one with the Equinox 800 that did almost the same thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq7ZRzy-KWE

I don't have mine yet,but the manual talks about audio overload. Says you can set the sound. So maybe try to adjust that to see if it does anything. I don't know if this is the answer.

Somebody said set it to "2" and it will sound off on pop cans. So I suspect same for the stack of silver coins. Easy enough to try it and see.

D&P-OR said:
Take them out of those 2X2" holders & stack the coins DIRECTLY on top of each other.

When I tried the test there was no metal near the coins, they were not in any holders and on a cardboard box 36" above a wood floor.

I wondered about the video and the test being done on a concrete floor and what was in or under the floor, that was my first thought for it to fail to detect. Also, I did sweep at all hight about the coins to about 2 ft so I don't believe overload was a problem.

Having found the Nox video and as I remember him saying in the video other detectors have the same problem. The test worked on other programs and I wonder what caused it to fail on "Fast"?

indy durtdigger said:
Air tests being what they are and all. What does it do when the stack is buried?

I never tried, just strange it doesn't pick the silver up as tested. My reason for surprise is the fact it doesn't see the 6 coins is if you came across something made of silver about the same size it not being detected.

For anyone following it was tested on another forum and the forum user report follows.

>> I did an air test on a handful of silver coin and it blanked on me. However, I laid them on the ground outside and everything normal response--no blanking at all. When I got the coil an inch away the overload icon lit up (set at "1") but it was still giving an audio response. There is a pinpoint mode for working inside with no ground balance. I did not try that one but I suspect it would work okay.

I don't have an answer to why it blanks in the air test, but it's not overload. My guess is something to do with ground balance or lack thereof. Kinda like how the tracking function will track to iron. A big target creates an artificial ground response--maybe. LOL <<

Yeah, the ground balance not supposed to handle big targets that are above the ground. I tried the Non-Motion Disc (program #4 on the pinpoint button) used for working above ground, inside walls, etc. and it worked great, no ground balance needed.