Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More 1500 quistions ???????

A

Anonymous

I got my 1500 today and have been playing with it in the yard. All I got was the Operating Instructions.
What is the best freq to use 1,2,3,4, ?
I have heard that its best to run in Zero Disc because with disc you loose detph, yes or no ?
Is the ground bal. pre set or auto ?
The ground around here is not bad, I can get a 8" dime with a 5" coil on the 3 other unit's that I have.
Thanks for all the help and HH this week end. BJ

BJ, You don't need to change the frequency the preset one is fine unless you get out side interference say from another detector or electric lines then you may have to change it. Zero will go a little deeper but not that much. I run mine in jewelry or relic mode most of the time. I get good depth with these settings. I've dug dimes at 8 to 81/2 inches with these settings. Start with the sensitivity around 6 and work your way up until your detector starts to be unstable the back it down until you get stable. That will give the most depth at that site. There is no ground balance on the 1500 it is done by the tracking on the detector so the ground balance is always dead on.Hope this helps.

What is the factory pre set setting on the freq 1,2,3,4 ?

Use the frequency it is preset with as frequency has nothing to do with anything but cross talk between detectors and interference from power lines.
You won't lose any depth in discriminate. Ground balance is automatic and adjusts as you scan.
Bill

Just reboot the detector by holding the power button down for ten seconds until it beeps and you will be back to original settings.
Bill