Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More 45-70 Bullets and a few more coins for the V3i

Dirtyray

Well,went out for a little while along the river and dug a few more bullets found some other stuff just did not post them :goodnight: gotta love the V3i

Howdy Dirtyray--

I always enjoy digging those large caliber rim-fire shells. There are usually more good finds to pull out of a sight like that.

Good job.

Best of luck and ...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Yes i agree but theses camps have still eluded me i know they are out here BUTT where remains a mystery ... Would you say that the maps of this area that shows the routes taken at this time frame (1870s) are close to where they did travel they crossed over many small ravines should i check theses to or stay close to the river ? Thanks and happy hunting ....

Most old trails were animal trails and crossings .they would be the very same trails today unless altered by man. Might be a good starting point to check out. Yazoo

Howdy Dirtyray--

It CAN be a challenge to locate an old campsite. At the library, I found maps showing old Comanche War Trails and Military Trails that were blazed in the 1850's. A couple of these trails intersected near a major river. In this area water equals life. So, most campsites, I believe would not be too far from the water...maybe 100 to 300 yards away depending on the size of the party. I just drove around looking for likely areas to set up camp. Then I looked around for signs such as OLD rusted cans or broken glass. You finding the 45-70 lead, I know that you are close. Keep looking and you WILL find it. Then the fun will begin! Best of luck and ...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel