Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More Deus Silver today

DukeOBass

This is the first work day that I have been retired. Went out for an early morning walk and then off to some detecting. I dug $2.71 in clad (51 cents in pennies!)

[size=large]1918D and 1942 Mercs[/size]

[attachment 297571 08182014Mercs_1.jpg]
[attachment 297572 08182014MercsReverse_1.jpg]

[size=large]1898 Indian and 1916, 1917 and 1926 Wheaties[/size]
[attachment 297573 08182014IndianandWheatPennies_1.jpg]
[attachment 297574 08182014IndianReverse_1.jpg]

No. I asked permission when they were holding a yard sale. I think it was last Saturday. It's a very small side yard but was loaded with targets. I did half of it while they were having their yard sale and the other half this morning.

I'm running Basic 2 at 4kHz, reactivity of 1, silencer at 0 and Multitones. The good target really scream when I pass over them.

Every year the retirement bug gets stronger.
Tell myself that I will detect every day but lately I just haven't wanted to detect in the morning when I usually go.
Then I come here and see posts like yours and they inspire me to get back out there.
Thanks for posting your great finds. Congrats on your freedom from work prison.

I decided that life is too short and that God does not guarantee any of us that we will have a tomorrow on this earth. No amount of money or benefits were worth the life I lost chained to human employment. I'm 57 years old, in good health and active. I'm made up my mind I was going to enjoy life to the fullest everyday until my final breath. If I need to, I can collect from my 401K now and Social Security at age 62. Until I need to do that I'll leave it alone.

Good for you Duke & congrats on your early retirement.----Your first sentence is (especially) SUCH a good point!----My wife & I were able to retire at the same time.----I was 59 when we retired (am going on 76 now) and neither of us have regretted taking early retirement for one second.---We have so many wonderful memories that nobody can take away from us.-----I always tell anyone that will listen----"retire as early as you are financially able to".---It does take some planning & responsibility for most of us----but it (early retirement) is WELL WORTH IT.------------Del
DukeOBass said:
I decided that life is too short and that God does not guarantee any of us that we will have a tomorrow on this earth. No amount of money or benefits were worth the life I lost chained to human employment. I'm 57 years old, in good health and active. I'm made up my mind I was going to enjoy life to the fullest everyday until my final breath. If I need to, I can collect from my 401K now and Social Security at age 62. Until I need to do that I'll leave it alone.

Thanks Del! I appreciate your response to my post and I hope you and your wife have many more and all healthy years to look forward to!