Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More Impact rail yard finds

dbado1

I took the Impact and a new to me AT-Gold back to the old rail yard that dates back to the late 1800s and was closed down around the mid 1920s. The area is super trashy so small coils and quick machines work best. I recently traded for a AT-Gold for it's water proof capabilities and decided to see how it would fare on this site. I initially had my doubts as to it's separation abilities but was pleasantly surprised. The Impact is definitely king in the separation department, though. Truly amazing. I hunted in DI3, gain 85, 0 disc, 20 kHz initially, then I discovered that the ballast from the rail road bed contained some hot rocks that came in at a consistent 37. I set the disc at 39 and no more hot rock bother. Anyway, here are some pics of the "pic worthy" finds...

[attachment 347643 IMG_1327.JPG] [attachment 347644 IMG_1328.JPG] [attachment 347645 IMG_1329.JPG]

The suspender buckle is the most ornate one I've ever found, an early Carhartt "trolley-heart" button, the usual lead bag seals with the name of the rail yard stamped on them, a .25 caliber black powder rim fire round (smooshed), and a very nice pewter "Lilly" casting that must have been attached to something at one point. HH.

Dean

Good post and finds

Probably too early, (year wise) to find a 'hobo nickel'

xwyokid,
There may be a possibility of finding one in that the Buffalo nickel came in to circulation just prior to this site going by the way side. I'm sure other coins were used as well so there's hope. On my bucket list for sure.

Dean