Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

more ks. farm field finds

kansa54

Took the vaquero out yesterday and hunted a farm field where an old farm stead once stood. Have found alot of coins on this site over the years but it always seems to give up a few more each time I hunt it. Ground is loaded with iron but the vaquero seems to work its way around it. I use the stock coil with the disc. the first mark below nickel and sens. around 9 or 10. I found an 1877 seated dime with a Carson City mint mark, a 1907 French 5c coin, several wheats, one being a 1909. Also, threw in the trash picture for those of you who like to see what else comes out of the ground.

Way to go on the seated dime, nice find. The junk shot looks like mine, those triangle shaped sickle bar blades are pesky trash targets and the round horse harness rings at depth sound good. Congrats on the seated dime and French coin, neat stuff.

Hombre said:
Way to go on the seated dime, nice find. The junk shot looks like mine, those triangle shaped sickle bar blades are pesky trash targets and the round horse harness rings at depth sound good. Congrats on the seated dime and French coin, neat stuff.
You're so right about those sickle bar blades. They always sound like a coin to my deaf ears!
By the way, still waiting on that relic field to be cut. Might not be able to get on there until Spring.:(

Whoa! Those are some super finds you got there. Those coins look really great. Way to go!!!!!!!!!!

tabman

That dime is sweet and in great condition! Way to go!

WOW those kansas farms kick but , look at all that cool stuff,

These are some great finds, I think I need to reconsider some of the farm fields around here. That seated dime would make my year, awesome!

Why are the copper European coins in better condition than the US copper ? That French coin is beautiful as was the British Penny in another thread .

hatpin said:
Why are the copper European coins in better condition than the US copper ? That French coin is beautiful as was the British Penny in another thread .[/quote
Good question hatpin. It was in amazing condition compared to the wheats I dug. All I did was rinse the dirt off. In my opinion, the design of the coin is better than any US coin.

ToneTime said:
These are some great finds, I think I need to reconsider some of the farm fields around here. That seated dime would make my year, awesome!
Tone Time, you need to go to your local library or historical society and find a couple of old township maps of your area. They will usually let you make photo copys. These maps will show you where houses and country schools were located. Than all you have to do is track down the current landowner and get permission to check out there fields. I look for places where the houses were tore down 50 or 60 yrs. ago and the land is now being farmed. If the place you are detecting hasn't had a house for 60 yrs. chances are really good that any coin you find will be old.

kansa54 said:
ToneTime said:
Tone Time, you need to go to your local library or historical society and find a couple of old township maps of your area. They will usually let you make photo copys. These maps will show you where houses and country schools were located. Than all you have to do is track down the current landowner and get permission to check out there fields. I look for places where the houses were tore down 50 or 60 yrs. ago and the land is now being farmed. If the place you are detecting hasn't had a house for 60 yrs. chances are really good that any coin you find will be old.
Thanks for the tips kansa54, I will have to do some research this winter to get ready for next spring.