Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More Ohio Ice Digging - Gold

Gob-ler

It was not going to get above freezing today but I wanted to get back to the beaches in frozen Ohio. I went to a new location(beach) and walked the half mile through the crunchy snow.

On location the digging was very difficult. First I found the SteriStud ear ring back. It was just a hint of a signal and almost 4 inches deep. Hard to believe the Deus even saw it. It's tiny.

goldringOH.jpg

Then I opened a frozen hole and there was gold peeking at me. It's a Nike 10K ring. Not big, but its gold!

It sure made the climb back to where we parked the vehicle a little easier!

There has been about 3 to 4 inches of frozen ground, mostly beach sand to dig or chip through. I bought a pick axe sort of gardening tool and that has helped. Ordinarily I would not be out digging in the stuff, but the water at the lake is only going to be down for a little bit longer.

Interestingly enough though, some of the ground is not frozen except for the snow layer on the very top. Hard going but worth the effort.

Yep gotta jump while them levels are down r your going to be kicking yourself forever.....

Jim