Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More on the T-2 Audio

Ralph Bryant

I spent a little while last night again with the T-2 on the bench trying to find more "hidden features" ;) , but unfortunately didn't find any. Someone had asked earlier about the tones, and that reminded me of something I forgot to add to my initial impressions post, i.e. the audio characteristics.

For those familiar with the differences between modulated and saturated audio, let me just say that the T-2 has very good modulated audio that fades very evenly to the very slightest response for the deepest and smallest fringe detectiion targets. This is something that is a bit hard to test under and around alot of electrical RF interferrence, but still pretty obvious.

I did notice though, that when the sensitivity is turned up beyond about the 75% range, the audio them takes on more of a saturated character and loses some of the modulated audio traits. Basically, you are getting the option or ability to use either or both with this unit, depending on which is more advantageous to the operator. I personally appreciate the modulated audio most of the time, but it's nice knowing the option is there.

Ralph

How about the all metal audio, Ralph. Is there much target info there? Old habits die hard and even on detectors with VID and razz-a-ma-tazz discrimination, I still like to be able to switch over to all metal for additional target info. Does all metal have a seperate sensitivity adjustment?

Hi J,

Wondered when you would wander in over here. ;)

Yes, the T-2 has separate all-metal and discrimination sensitivity controls. The audio is "modulated digital", higher and lower volume for shallow or deep objects. You can size targets fairly accurately with it, but it's nothing like the AM audio you are referring to in the IIb. The DD coil makes it respond somewhat differently too compared to a concentric design. I'll sit down with it and take some more accurate and detailed notes and post something over on the new T-2 Forum tonight or tomorrow.

http://www.findmall.com/list.php?58

Ralph

Yep....the DMCIIb is the gold standard as far as all metal modes, however, my old Baron Goldtrax even with a 2D coil runs it a close second. Im looking forward to your tests of the T2's AM mode.