Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MORE POWERLINE GOLD

Eric Foster

Hi All,

Just received this new picture from Australia of gold found with the GS5B. Here are the user's comments.

I went back to my powerlines spot with my GS5, and using the Minelab 17 inch mono, found 7 dwt as shown in the photo. The larger 4 dwt piece was a screamer which I had previously incorrectly discriminated as ferrous with the 11 inch coil. Whilst the 2 dwt piece at 8 to 9 inches was a very faint signal.

A week later I had another go with the Minelab 24 inch UFO coil for no diggable signals. A trial outside the original area with a Minelab 8 inch mono yielded some smaller pieces, and suggesting the depth was at least equivalent or better than the SD2200.

The 8 inch coil was completely unaffected by power line hum whilst the 24 inch was significantly affected, but still useable with patience.

The secret to discriminating surface and near surface screamers is to raise the coil several inches over them.

For those who don't know, or can't remember (like me) 1 pennyweight [dwt] = 1.555 gram

Eric

Hi All,

Our friend continues to do well with his GS5B and here are his latest pictures.

Last week I spent 3 hours with the GS5B at a small golds spot for 3dwt on Tuesday. I then gave it 5 hours yesterday for a two day total of 9.6 dwt. The largest being 4 dwt and the smallest being 5 grain.
The area had been heavily detected by ML machines both recently and in the past. That I did not find any BB's or 22 bullets is a good indication of heavy detecting as I normally find at least four or more 22 bullets per detecting day. Interestingly there was a detector hole within a foot of where I dug the 4 dwt piece.