Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More Relics At The Old Hitching Post Tree

miserman

Today I went back to the church ruins that I hunted two weeks ago. The site has a large tree that is "downwind" from the area of the ruins, which I suspect was where they tied up their horses and buggies. On the last hunt I found several old coins around the tree along with horse and buggy related items. Because the finds were only 5"-6" deep last time and there wasn't a large amount of trash, I decided to use the stock coil on the F75 and hunt in All Metal. I began by digging any target that was above 30, hoping to find a couple nickels that I missed the last time. While no nickels were found today I was able to find two more bridle rosettes that had numbers in the 60's and were about 5" deep. The crotal bell was a nice surprise and it along with the other small bell seem to be horse and buggy related items.The "newest" coin I found the last time was a 1911 Wheat Penny and the 1912-13 variety Model T hubcap fits well into the time frame of the site. The brass "U" may have been from a church sign that was on the wrought iron fence that is still around part of the site. The soap token and ring may date a little later than the other items. Although no coins were found today, I enjoyed hunting with the temperature in the 50's and nice moist ground.....Thanks for looking

Attachments

• 691808F1-4796-4F51-AA39-535CCD95A976.jpeg
    691808F1-4796-4F51-AA39-535CCD95A976.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 179
Last edited:
No comment on the ring with a pentagram in the center?
Very strange find for a church site?
Strange indeed. It was only a couple inches deep and is not sterling. When I found it I had an uneasy feeling about it being around the old church ruins with a graveyard behind it.

I don't know when the pentagram became en evil symbol but at its origin it symbolized the 5 wounds of Christ. Christians would wear it to ward off evil as well. At one point the star was inverted and the head of a goat was put in the middle by satanists. Just google meaning of a pentagram. Awesome finds.

This may or may not be related........ back in the 80s when the witches and warlords fad was booming, the kids would go to out of the way cemeteries and try to conjure up the spirits. Since ring not sterling it strikes me it could have been one of those groups (kids mainly 12-16 so costume jewelry the only thing they could afford).

Ronstar, you just might be onto something here. Conjuring up Evil Spirits must have somehow worked, because there are a Lot of Evil Spirits running amok in Washington D.C.

And a couple even look like the embalming treatment failed!!!!