Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More Surgery

Jerry-Wi

I saw the doctor this morning and they have scheduled me for surgery to repair a huge hernia on Dec. 14th. This is something I have known about for six months so is no surprise. Originally they told me that it may be up to a year before they would do it. So I am very glad to be getting this taken care during the cold winter months. I hope to be able to travel to warmer climate with the At Pro sometime in March.

Jerry

Good luck on the surgery Did ya get the hernia
from hauling those Heavy finds you got :detecting::heh:

Just Kidding of course
Best of luck and Hope you get to head to the warmth

Ron

Rangers Lead The Way :usaflag:

I had one of those repaired a few years back and while it's not pleasant and you will find out how often you use those stomach muscles very quickly, within a week or two you will be ready to get back out and swing that machine some more. Do not cough or sneeze!

MrGee

I had a hernia fixed in 2009 and then in June of 2010 I had emergency surgery which more or less undid that. They told me up front that I would probably develop another hernia since the tissue was already weakened and that is what happened. This time they are going to install mesh or re-bar or something. :)

Probably more info than you wanted. :yikes:

Thanks for the comments.

Jerry

That's a very common procedure. Make sure you follow your post-op instructions and do NOT pick up any heavy items and use good body mechanics.

Good luck! You will be fine, :thumbup:

I hope you come thru OK. You might want to go to Topix . com and look at the Hernia mesh recall thread in the medicine forums. Make sure they don't put in a "kugel" mesh. NO heavyweight meshes. Go lightweight. I know from experience as I have a mesh that the Mayo wants to take out but can't because I am in a cancer medical trial. I have to live with the pain everyday till it is ok to go back in. I got my mesh in June 2009 and have had problems since.

The good news is all my doctors said metal detecting was good therapy. There is a plus to everything.

Wishing you the best,
blacktoe

Thanks. The doctor showed me a sample of the mesh. It is a very thin, finely woven fabric of polypropylene. He also said the major risk factor was infection. This is why they are waiting so long to do it. I did have an infection in the last incision. They are going to put me on anti-biotics right up front to ward off anything.

Thanks for your thoughts and I hope that things work out for you.

Jerry

Hey friend, it ain't pleasant, but you'll be surprised how fast you'll recover. I had a major hernia that they used the mesh and I was up the next day walking around. Don't sit too long, makes it a lot harder to get those muscles working. You might have to let someone else do the diggin for awhile, but don't let it get you down. It's bad when all the things we used to do catch up with us! My prayers will be with you, take care and use some of the time to research or log your finds. You'll do fine.

Thank you for your thoughts. I am having mesh put in also. The hernia developed along an incision from other surgery in June so it is huge.

Jerry

If I ever get a herena .... I would hope it would come
from lifting too much gold!

Good luck to you with your surgery and take it easy!

Larry