Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Most Hated Words for a beach detectorist....

STAINLESS STEEL !!!

Just about has ruined beach hunting !!!!

I think everyone who beach hunts feels the pain.

So glad I just spent a fortune on a new machine. Gonna take a long time to pay off this one, at this rate.

Good Luck out there,

HH
Donna
I have more than 100 tungsten, titanium and stainless steel rings, one big problem w it’s them is they are a hard and brittle metal and cannot be resized. I give them to friends, grandkids and Salvation Army.

Most hated words? " Are you a member of Friendly Metal Detecting".

I’m afraid that’s going to be the new norm now. I’ve seen a steady drop on quality jewelry over the last few years at my beaches….. And, it’s not because it’s being hunted out too!
Yeah, kids and young adults buy junk jewelry that they way overpay for, and spend whats left on tattoos. To them Gold and Silver are no better than Titanium, Tungsten and Stainless Steele. Only hope is give them a "deal" on this junk vs what the Jewelry stores are asking. Still nowhere near the value of gold but at least get "something" for it. I have a case full I need to unload. I used to beach and water hunt alot more than I do now, honestly it got depressing knowing most likely find only that junk at best. 😞

STAINLESS STEEL !!!

Just about has ruined beach hunting !!!!

I think everyone who beach hunts feels the pain.

So glad I just spent a fortune on a new machine. Gonna take a long time to pay off this one, at this rate.

Good Luck out there,

HH
Donna
Dirt hunting the same going to take a long time to pay for a detector finding silver coins when nobody carries them . Whats left is never going to get replenished if you can find what's there now .I'm not in it for the money just the hunt i get a lot of satisfaction finding a silver coin other people miss. sube

I went out water hunting last week, Besides getting a Nice Red neck from the sun. I found 65 pennies ( someone seen me out there ) 4 stainless steel rings and one tungsten ring Yikes :)
Spent the next few days nursing a sunburn...lol

4 stainless steel rings and one tungsten ring
I've been able to sell those for from $5 to $20 dollars depending on what I can find as a comparable new price. Unfortunately it looks like the Chinese are going to kill that market too now that Temu (China's e-bay) has nice looking stainless and tungsten rings for sale for from 50 cents to $3 ... if it weren't for the government subsidies, couldn't even ship them here for than amount.

I checked with 4 cal pawn shops recently. None of them will buy them anymore. One shop had a sign up " we only buy gold and silver, no tungsten or stainless". The market is flooded with them.

Wondering what those stainless an tungsten rings sound like on my oll Sovereign ?
If it Ain't gold,, silver or platinum. Palladium.
I don't wanna get dig it. 😁

Wondering what those stainless an tungsten rings sound like on my oll Sovereign ?
If it Ain't gold,, silver or platinum. Palladium.
I don't wanna get dig it. 😁
On an Excal they sound like a short round target response that in tone mode sounds like a large gold ring (not as high pitched as a quarter or half dollar but above a nickle) ... if you don't dig it you don't know what you have. You might be walking away from a very expensive piece of metal.

On an Excal they sound like a short round target response that in tone mode sounds like a large gold ring (not as high pitched as a quarter or half dollar but above a nickle) ... if you don't dig it you don't know what you have. You might be walking away from a very expensive piece of metal.
Thanks TVR.
I'm always digging nickels.

I thought the most hated words for a beach detectorist... METAL DETECTING IS OFF LIMITS ON THIS BEACH!!!

I thought the most hated words for a beach detectorist... METAL DETECTING IS OFF LIMITS ON THIS BEACH!!!
That is when it is important to understand how Riparian laws might apply. In many cases you can still detect the water up to the mean high tide line legally.
Edited to add: If it is National Park or other federal property, then most likely out of luck.

Last edited:
Fill in your holes well the kids should to.
Mark