Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

most proven sov xs settings

z8chase

what are the most proven settings for regular topsoil such as yards and parks and church lots. just got my sov today and using the ron 180 meter..kinda got it figured out sort of....but i would like everyones personal input and their proven settings for disc and notch and the type ground they normally search.
im in kentucky and its a mix of limestone/sandstone/shale/ normal dark dirt..(not black dirt/sand) i want to learn the tones so i dont need to rely as much on the meter.
also ive got a garrett master hunter cx and i know every noise it makes from a .22 shell all the way to gold dollar and silver dollars and halves and merc dimes and penny and pretty much every coin sound going with it...but the sov is gonna take me some getting used to

disc mode
disc set at 0 if you want to learn all the tones.
notch fully counterclockwise, not being used this way. this is gonna give you the full tone range.
volume at max
sens....start out about 10 or 11 oclock. see if the sov falses much, if not, move up to 12 oclock and so forth, depends on your soil.

dont frustrate yourself trying to anyalze each target, hear the sound and dig and remember what sounded like what. your looking for repeatable signals, preferably coin sized(if thats what your after). the meter is a great aid at first and can be a good benefit almost anytime. you can rely on its accuracy more than alot of other machines.

Terry,again,welcome to the forum.Once learned the Sovereign is one of the most simple detectors to use.My settings,discriminate and notch at the lowest setting I want to see everything in the ground.Sensitivity control 10 o clock position.Very important the sensitivity is increase by turning the knob to the left and maxed just before the click into auto.The volume control doesn't increase or decrease the volume its a gain control more like another sensitivity knob.The volume setting for me always at max setting. I never use the pinpoint or all metal but some do. Good luck lots of great people here to help you with your questions.Thanks Ron

I think that you will find that you need to sweep a little slower with the Sovereign than with some other detectors. If it falses try sweeping just a bit slower and see if that helps prior to lowering sensitivity.

Terry,when the battery runs low the Sovereign will give an intermittent squawk.Good Luck HH Ron