Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mostly junk

JC99328

But, other than being cold trying to hunt in the snow, I have found a keeper or 2. I don't find many coins where I hunt and the only one of note is a 41D wheat. My digging pard and I have found a few neat head stamps. Several from late 1880's to early 1920's.

DSCN1153_zpsdvc45ywv.jpg

Sometimes I would much rather find relic items than finding a silver any day. Love the buttons also and I bet there's some other old coins in the mix where you were hunting. Thanks for sharing and HH, Nancy

Coins where I usually dig are virtually nonexistent. The homesteaders here were usually a bit less than dirt poor and most just starved out. No one carried money around with them unless going to town or possibly church. Actually found less than 5 coins at these old places and only one of them was old. Even it was a 1919, so not that old.

Being raised up in Oklahoma I used to hunt lots of old home sites, never found any coins to speak of, My Dad reminded me about Poor people and Poor times, good looking relics you found.

Makes a lot of sense and also the depression years were very hard on people. I do like your relic finds. :thumbup: