Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mothra versus Godzilla

Barry NY

Tarsacci vs Fisher Impulse AQ

Strictly for salt water ocean/bay beaches...wet sand and in the water:

One is a VLF with Disc trying for PI Depth
One is a PI with Depth trying for VLF Disc

Who's gonna deliver the best "experience" on the east coast beach? I've got 3-4 hours of low tide I can't be digging everything...but don't want to miss out on deep...Nox/Excal seems to be the one to knock out.

Who can do a live hunt...nothing planted head to head with both machines in wet ocean sand?
Only +/- 8 AQ out there...

I have a tesoro sand shark PI detector. With no disc, plenty of depth will find the tiniest pieces of metal. Hunted many beaches on the Cape. I honestly prefer my Nox 800. With the pulse detector yeah it gets depth , but sometimes too deep. You really dont want to dig 18 inches deep for a bobby pin. Now with the Nox You can cherry pick if you want or dig ever signal . IMHO I get enough depth to find plenty of stuff. I still bring the tesoro whenever I go to the Cape I made a chest mount for it. But the freedom of wireless with the Nox is great. I also never leave it home. I like hunting the bay beaches in the Truro area.

I have a tesoro sand shark PI detector. With no disc, plenty of depth will find the tiniest pieces of metal. Hunted many beaches on the Cape. I honestly prefer my Nox 800. With the pulse detector yeah it gets depth , but sometimes too deep. You really dont want to dig 18 inches deep for a bobby pin. Now with the Nox You can cherry pick if you want or dig ever signal . IMHO I get enough depth to find plenty of stuff. I still bring the tesoro whenever I go to the Cape I made a chest mount for it. But the freedom of wireless with the Nox is great. I also never leave it home. I like hunting the bay beaches in the Truro area.
Yes, the freedom of wireless is way better on the comfort level. I never cared for P I units. The ratio of trash digging is to high to that of good stuff. In my opinion, I believe my Excalibur can hang darn near in depth performance On the wet sand with better results. I suppose if beaches were super clean, then P I would have it’s place.

Tarsacci vs Fisher Impulse AQ

Strictly for salt water ocean/bay beaches...wet sand and in the water:

One is a VLF with Disc trying for PI Depth
One is a PI with Depth trying for VLF Disc

Well I think the picture is pretty clear already. Only one of those machines is a Disc machine.

There is quite a bit of info out and around now on the Tarsacci on a couple of other forums. Worth checking some of the info and comments out as it might clear up some misconceptions. HH jim tn