Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mr Bill Mods

Albert

Does anybody do this mod on the classics now a days ? Looking to see if anyone who knows and can do these mods , if they can look and check out my classic to see if the mods are working properly. Thanks

Does anybody do this mod on the classics now a days ? Looking to see if anyone who knows and can do these mods , if they can look and check out my classic to see if the mods are working properly. Thanks

Hey Albert , Don’t quote me on it , but Keith Southern might be doing the mod. You might want to post this on Tom D’s forum

I do them if your in Canada. I usually send those interested from the US to Keith Southern.

Attachments

• idxdne1.JPG
    idxdne1.JPG
    303.6 KB · Views: 332
  • idxtop1.jpg
    idxtop1.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 318
I had Keith, do mine and he got me 1.5 to 2" more depth. that is with the 8" coil. Now i get 11.5" on a dime.

A couple of years ago, I did the Mr. Bill mods myself. I followed the directions on the Mr Bill's thread at Geotech. I just installed the White's factory knobs on the new controls that I had from a parts rig.

Attachments

• IMG_0330.JPG
    IMG_0330.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 292
  • IMG_0331.JPG
    IMG_0331.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 304
Last edited:
I did them on my IDXPro 7 years ago. There a SAT resistor, sensitivity resistor, ID pod resistor, something else...basically makes it more sensitive and sparky, running it at wide open sensitivity like you could with a stock unit isn’t AS possible now, which is good....you’re now getting ALL of the possible performance out of it. The ID pod resistor is for accuracy/stability, the SAT resistor lets the threshold reset slower so as to not cancel out deep small stuff as easily. There’s also the part you install GB and TH pots on the case so you can adjust these at will, which is CRITICAL. Keith and Sven can tell you more, Mr. Bill initially came up with this mod to run in saltwater (I heard). It is HIGHLY recommended that these mods be done to make an already excellent machine into one that’s even more versatile with even more performance. You need to know how to run a stock one before these mods are done to get the most out of it though, so you know the difference and have experience with it. That would be my suggestion anyway...