Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mr BILL....with respect..................MattR.UK.

MattR

Shipping & Delivery Info. on the F75, F4 (13 Posts) (Views:1070)
Mr.Bill --- February 22, 05:05PM

How about removing this post, for it is now obsolete and irritatingly irrelevant?

Can I cut to the chase.

Please Bill, will you acquire Tim Mallory's official comment on matters regarding the further delays being experienced, especially here in the UK.

Excuses...Excuses....Excuses.

I have been a 'non-commissioned' advocate of the T2, and along with the rest of the 'Tigers', responsible for its growing popularity here in the UK.

My friends Stu Rainford and John Moore being the first in the UK to own T2's, and allowing me to test and subscribe their accounts of its proficiency.

I technically reviewed the T2 at its launch (2006) in the US. and consequentially recommended it to them.

Since our usage here, We three have reported our successes of that machine in the UK, on your Findmall forum.

Subsequently, it alerted the UK detecting fraternity to the T2's qualities which are ideal for our type of searching. Naturally, the idea that the successor Fisher F75 will offer a degree of refinement, has fired a surge of interest.

They, like me and many others have placed our pre-orders for the Fisher F75.

WE ARE DISMAYED AT THE TOTAL LACK OF FULFILMENT OF PRO MISSES MADE REGARDING THE SUPPLY OF THAT UNIT.

Our patience is being stretched to the limit, not only by the lack of compliance to the promises of delivery,
but more so the LACK OF HONEST UPDATES regarding further reasons for delay.

We want First Texas to show some customer respect on the matter.

[size=medium]That means honest communications and NOT smoke signals[/size]......MattR.UK.

Hi MattR

I can understand the frustration a bit, but the delays have been well documented here on this page. At least as far as the US introduction. I have no idea about when for overseas introduction. A further wait of a few weeks or a month or so isn

I might be reading into this incorrectly. But it can be said it was you gentlemen whom were the party responsible for the most recent delay due to all your complaints, posts and pictures of cracking t-2 collors? I reckon I don't understand your beef here. I would think you boys would not mind waiting a wee bit longer for some better collors that would not crack???? Or did you want the bad ones? Liam

The F75 will not be as good as the T2 for UK users, the iron discrimination range is much tighter 0-20 instead of 0-40, the backlight in continuously on= say no more, it has a notch which we never ever need for UK sites, a confidence meter to tell us if it is 100% a dime,nickel whatever= none here my friends. Whats the point of blowing smoke sure it will be a fantastic detector for the US coinage but UK relic and coin hunting I dont think so.

Like comparing the Hawkeye to the Cortes

Greg

They are starting early--
talk about blowing smoke- Never had one in his hands yet he already knows all--Got to chuckle at those who write things off by looking at pictures and reading into things-

Light always on brings life down from 40 hour to 30- photos show it dont even appear during the day- wheres the issue??? Unless U want to night illegally there is none there. Skeptics who favor another brand like to make up little preconcieved flaws--

Confidence thingy just for USA coins-Where was that stated? iron 0-20? Thats incoorect as well-

No use for notches- dont use it then "mate"- very simple. But the US swingers will use them and yes far more will be sold on these shores-

Appears U expected a U.S. metal detector company to design a special UK model????

I hear rumors its deeper than the T-2- might that not be "keen" for Brit. relics and coins???????????

AJ

:usaa:

They sent them on the 5th., so I guess that means it was released when I posted it was going to be.

You must not have been reading this forum Greg.

With regards to the UK scene, the T2 (for those astute enough to read the mail and bought one) it has renewed the search were most others unit owners have abandoned.

The T2 is a SIMPLY EFFICIENT, EFFORTLESS, RUTHLESS DETECTOR.

It is to the British detecting scene, what the modern plough is to agriculture.

'The cutting edge'​

You surely cannot have used one, otherwise you wouldn't have posted such inaccurate comments.
You certainly do not reflect the proven facts of its performance here in the UK.

Those in the know in the UK are eagerly waiting for delivery of the Fisher F75.

WE will lead the way. Others will follow, just don't get run over in the rush.

If it's as good as the T2, and also carries out the subtle improvements promised, then you will have to eat cow-pat pie Greg......Good-hunting...MattR.UK.

You are blaming the Brits for reporting defective materials and so causing delays...???????

Give us some credit, Liam.

I have photographed at least 5 detector frames from some of my units covering the last 30 years or more. I have a workshop stuffed with 'the innards and bones' of past detectors.

[attachment 50439 rods.jpg]​

All have locking mechanisms, none of which have fractured.

The 'golden' one is a Fisher. See the method, the quality, and tell me why we have a T2 problem in the light of such experience in design matters?

With such an item, you must ensure that you wash the mechanism clean regularly, and check its functionality of movement.

Dirt/Sand and salt water are the main causes of corrosion on alloy stem-collars, or seizure of the cam on a 'plastic' collar.

If you do experience a 'lock-up' that defeats your attempts to free it, try 'steam', fed into the inner surface of that stem-part surrounded by the collar.

So please Liam, "Don't shoot the messenger", but rather those who are charged with the job of acquiring the components for a new assembly.

One golden rule in producing a new detector is to physically test it to destruction.

If I had been given the task, I would have first tested its functionality, then (with permission) I would have tested it physically, above and beyond the normal use.

The cost involved of one 'destroyed' detector, far outweighs the expenditure in delays and customer disappointment.

Respectfully....MattR.UK.

I think you were out of line there. His post in which you were so offended tuned out to be a 100% completely accurate time table!!! F-75s did begin US shipments on March 5th. I get the impression you think you are quite special and that f-75s should have been mailed to Britian and your door by Mar.9 too? Get real bud. Now its the field testers to blame for the delay because they didnt bash on the detectors they were most likely loaned and needed to return? Could be a tester cracked an f75 collor too: do you know for sure? Preorders and posting to the T-2 forum dont nessisarily mean you automatically become part of the 1st US. shipment now does it? I have one ordered too so get in line and wait like eveybody else.

I think the F75 is a dressed up T2 the T2 is raw and gritty and you don't need a bar graph to tell you to slow down you do that anyway on a target that is iffy. And in high iron a target is not always going to have the right number it is averaged so dig and listen to the tone.

Some guys like to have it all and some guys like to do it all. The T2 is so fast that I don't think the F75 is going to be faster. And bottle caps big deal I would rather have help in finding more gold in trash separate that somehow and I will but it.

I think the F75 is perfect for the guys that didn't like the extra features that the T2 lacks. Notching is for me but I see how a lot of guys use it. I have the pro it is deep has notching and a cool back light is deeeep but not fast and bad in iron. So I use it at parks and schools and it does great.

If they don't give us a small coil for the T2 and they bring one out for the F75 then I am going to be pissed because it was promised and it is on their web sight. Give us a small coil and the speed of the T2 and that will take it to the next level in high trash and even in bad iron.

I bet I aint the only one tried of your nonsensical same bunk over + over posts--- your worse than Detect Dan-

what bar garph that says slow down? If U really dig with a t2 you should know by now that its a fast motion id sweeper--
did U even read the book yet???????

maybe U should buy a F-75 and use slow stationary??????? besides if your waitin' on a T-2 small coil- well I hate to tell U my moneys on smaller coils for the 75 first pal-

Now u may be just fine with your t-2--great-shut up and enjoy it!! Leave the people here excited about buying a 75 alone. I just ordered a F-75 from Surfscanner Bill too so lets not keep sayin' crap to indicate that was a mistake--

AJ

:usaa:

You seem like such a nice person with such a closed mind everyone knows on any fast or slow machine if in question slow down the swing on iffy targets. Even raise the coil and see if the numbers move around or still lock on.

Detecting is not all about the machine but it is the tricks of the machine that the user learns. So good luck and I do hope fisher has a winner I have the CZ3D and the 70pro a compass gold scanner pro and the XL6000 pro and the T2 and they all are good at what they do but not perfect. I am sure the F75 will be the detector for the guys that passed on the T2 I have the T2 and don't need the F75 less it really does a better job and that will become apparent in the near future. As far a small coils I do hope you are wrong about the F75 having one sooner I don't think Dave will forget us I hope they have one for both the T2 and F75 so we all can be friends.

Maybe you didn't notice but the same outfit makin one is makin the other. You think just because FT comes out with the F75 that they want the t2 to just go away? I doubt it. I also agree with lcpm, if they put the fisher coil ahead of the t2 small coil, my t2 will be the first one on the classifieds, it's called bitin the hand that feeds ya. I hope the new fisher is all it's cracked up to be, as i intend on trying one. good day

but if you are a relic hunter or a dig everything hunter, stay with the T2. If you don't need discrimination beyond 6" I don't see any need to have anything except the T2.

Hi Matt, is that an Eric Foster Goldscanner I see in your pic? Is it out of commission? If so do you want to get rid of it? Thanks Matt.

John Tomlinson,CET:wave:
John's Detectors

JohnLA....Complaint?..Rather a frustration at learning that the posted F75 release/shipping date has little relevance to us guys in EU/UK.

Many of us here having pre-ordered our unit were expecting to be participating under the same promised regime as posted at the top of the forum notices.

Suppliers here in the UK simply tell us 'No news from Fisher on supplies'.

So there you have it John...frustration.

Why would I want an F75?

Why not if I believe the pre-release promises?
It is promised that it will have an edge in performance over the excellent T2.

The extension of that reasoning is also the rational of a UK serviceable guarantee.
Our original T2's were purchased from American dealers.
The Tigers imported theirs by purchasing directly, the first ones to be used in the UK.
They demonstrated their faith in the machine and took the risk.

IT WASN'T ANY UK DEALER WHO DID THAT.

The dealers only followed demand when the Tigers demonstrated the capabilities of the Teknetics T2.

Unfortunately, direct importation carries a penalty in the event of any problems.
I'm sure I don't need to explain that one.

The lads in the UK have been very supportive of the T2.

That is why I have received many comments of dismay at the lack of actual supply dates for our market, when we see posted notices by Fisher of release dates that do not indicate any suggestion of constraint on export timing.

I am simply but honestly, expressing my frustration at the situation arising from a lack of concurrence with the details posted at the head of the Fisher forum.

No mention is made of differential dates.
In the modern times we live in, there need be only 48 hours between shipping flights to North America as it is to Britain.
We pay a premium price which will equate approximately to $1100.
Coupled with that privilege is the mentioned restricted guarantee.
It is anticipated that we will NOT be accorded the same generous Fisher cover as enjoyed by our American buddies.

I am proud to support this American product and loudly applaud the original designers Dave Johnson and John Gardiner.
I am proud also to support America in the wider context, and I do take exception to anyone on the forum who tries to differentiate between a Brit and an American, for whatever reason. The fact that we may differ in our opinions on some trivial facet of this mutual hobby, is no excuse to be political about the participants.
We must never allow any trivial differences to reflect on our mutual respect.

Liam talked about