Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mr. Buckeye B......

bleeohio

Hows it? As you probly know by now, bret and i both took the bait and got a couple 75's. Only had em out a couple times though they seem to be working great. I popped this little beauty out yesterday, thinkin i was the king of the hill, well then he hits a goodn and kinda shut me up. I'll have to get a pic of his and put on later. Can't wait for the weather to break a little bit. Gonna have to get your butt down here for a little huntin .......

NICE find and congratulations!!!!! Goes to show Ohio can deliver some of the goods like back east. Man, I'm gonna have to start calling you two Bret and Brat! Hope you continue to like the 75's. I know I sure do. Mine's due to leave El Paso any moment I think. First good weather, I'll give ya a shout. Again, wtg. Wish I coulda seen the Bro dynamics as you each made your finds. ;)

I assume I will be seeing you the end of this month at DIV? I will probably be using the F75 on all metal, but as usual will have a whole trunk full of detectors & coils to choose just in case...
later,
Bill

awesome find!

I'll be there, Bill and am looking forward to seeing you again. Bout time. :) I sure miss it even though there hasn't really been any oportunity to hunt around here due to weather. I think winter is having a few dying gasps yet and then we'll be good to go. See ya soon!

You didn't miss much on the bro thing, you know how aggravating he is:biggrin: I'm sure he will tell you what else i dug, ground froze, usin a pick,,,,,,,,wasn't pretty.:nopity: Good luck on the hunt. Make sure you go through Bills vehicle and see if there are any top secret boxes with 8 inch round dd coils for the 75 while you're there. (i won't tell him).

Wow Nice find Blee. Sometimes I wish I were back in Ohio. Last time I was there was 3 years ago at my mother place. Had a X30 and about the first coin out of the ground by her deck was a 1882 IH. I got the F75 now and hopefully we will make it back for a week or two. Have to hunt some of the guy in the Youngstowns-Cleveland area up before I come back. I know some great places we could get 4-5 guys on.

I'm sure I would have been entertained by The Yo and Bro Show! :rofl: I'll try and break into Bill's car but it's hard to do anything at the hunt other than hunt like there's no tomorrow (and at my age, you never know ;)), eat, sleep, and toss back a few adult beverages, not necessarily in that order. :) I'm looking forward to seeing if my 75 comes back as improved as a couple have experienced. That's gonna be hard to believe but I'd sure be a happy Fisher camper if that were to be the case.

any ideas on how to best run the F75 in that orange iron powder? I went to the 1270 that time as the soil was so bad @ DIV-5 that the ID numbers were no where near where they were supposed to be....
Later,
Bill

Put it to all metal and G/B it. Threshold to -1, sensitivity at 80, go up or down just play around till you got a good stable machine, set the Freq to F7. Remember to reset the Freq when you turn the machine off and back on as it will be in default of 4 and has to be reset to 7.

IF you get a little ground flutter when you swing don't worry about it when you hit a good target you will know it. Now on a black sand beach the small iron will give a BADA sound and big iron will give a BAAAAA sound. The iron will also jump up to high numbers and the numbers will be all over the place 70's ,80's, 90's. On the beach the good targets will give you a nice zip zip audio. The Zip Zip is not so prominate in the dirt but the numbers will jump high just like they do in the wet salt black sand. Try that out. If you see Mike Bearden up there ask him how he is hunting his F75. HH Hope you find some nice Reb stuff. :D: :D Later Jerry aka Tinfoil

to run all metal as hot as possible (manually GB'd) and early on really pay attention to and dig any negative number above nail that sounds roundish and see what it is so as to figure how bad the ground is skewing the ID. Also gonna have to see if this is one of those sites that when you change elevation 6" you have to re-ground balance. I plan to bail on the surface hunting earlier than usual for me too.