Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MrBill IDX and a deep wheatie

Think I'm gonna like this machine. Nice clean hit on 7-8" wheatie, even IDed proper.
I've dug a dozen or so in my yard with my Tesoro Compadre but none more than 6".
This old school IDX is gonna be a game changer for me!

Noah

Remember to dig your wheaties,..... what coil was used ?

Bluemax950. Picked up a bluemax600 as well. Older white one.
Haven't hunted with it yet just ran it through the test bed I have.
Probably stick with the big coil till I get used to the machine.
Thanks for your posts on these machines Hombre.
And if you ever hear of one of those lil' hot head coils for sale let me know!:cheers:
Noah

I'll let you know if I see one for sale, but don't hold your breath, they are rare. I just lucked out because the one I use now is the second one I have found..I've been on the search for one for many years.

... The first one was faulty and only had to pay shipping to return it. My IDX Pro can be run at Max Sensitivity unlike Mr. Southern's machine, not all the time mind you but I have mild ground where he has 4 bar dirt. Here in my mild Kansas soil I can get dimes down to 8 inches with the 8" coil (ProScan 800) and have room to spare. The Ferret HotHead measures 5½" in diameter and gets the same depth as my 8" coil and separates like no other coil I have ever used.

I have a Whites Classic ID that Mr. Southern fixed for me and it will get a dime to 11" . He said the 8" coil dose much better. I think the IDX and Classic are about the same detector. You have a good detector there. flintstone

I have a IDX Pro albeit its not been modified and if i am honest it does exactly what i want from it without any mods,mine came with the 950 coil but i also have a new 5.3 for it as well but never used it,it wont miss much and the iron rejection is about as good as it gets,one of Whites detectors masterpieces.

When I was a younger detectorist I had IDX pro with Bills mod.. found my first gold piece of jewelry with that detector. Then one night somebody broke into my car and stole it!! Still makes me angry.

Mega said:
I have a IDX Pro albeit its not been modified and if i am honest it does exactly what i want from it without any mods,mine came with the 950 coil but i also have a new 5.3 for it as well but never used it,it wont miss much and the iron rejection is about as good as it gets,one of Whites detectors masterpieces.

Hey Mega! I've followed your posts a long time. Being on pasture a lot you probably wouldn't need that 5.3 coil. If you get into a really difficult site with lots of crap, give it a try. It is astounding! I'm not talking out my butt here. I've used the Sunray X-5 on my Explorer,the 6" coil on my CTX,the 5" Excelerator on my Explorer....that 5.3 concentric is ASTOUNDING! And DEEP! 8" dime? No sweat even with a stock IDX,correct ID. If you get the occasion to use it...USE IT!

Well i did turn my IDX Pro out and dusted it down,recharged the RNB battery pack and have used the 950 coil on it for 2 weekends on the trot,detecting is a funny old game ain't it,over time say the last 5 years when i stopped using my DFX as my main detector,i went onto some more exotic machines with as many whistles and bells as what the space shuttle had,but when i sat down and analyzed my detecting for the previous 5 year period,my find rate had dropped of a cliff basically and the enjoyment factor of detecting had evaporated some what.

So as mention above decided too take the IDX Pro out for 2 weekends on the trot,what is my verdict well all i can say its become my No1 one machine again and detectors like my Deus,T2 and Nexus machines have become backup machines,in such a short time duration my finds have risen again by a massive margin on a permission that i have been doing with various high tech machines over the last few years,but the IDX Pro pulled out a fair few targets of all sizes and no the ground had not been deep ploughed or anything like that,but the main important factor was that the fun and enjoyment that had evaporated along time before came back by the bucket loads.

And all it took to rectify these major problems was say a 20 year old analogue machine called a IDX Pro,and that is still the stock version and not had any modifications done too it.Juat amazing what these old machines can do.........this is of course just my personal opinion and my experience with this detector.

I took my IDX PRO out yesterday for a hunt in a farm field that just had the crop taken off it.
The discrimination circuit on these detectors is amazing. I was fooled a couple times with big iron targets fairly deep,
but on smaller targets if it called it iron, you could bet it was an iron target. The IDX PRO might be almost 20 years old, but it is still
an excellent performer and a blast to spend the day swinging it.

In 2004 I was a New Detector Dealer for White's. {Closed my shop in about 2015} They were selling out the IDXPro, and I helped sell down the final inventory. Then I got started on the last batch of IDX Pro Refurbs. I never really counted, but I must have sold 5 Dozen "A"Grade IDX Pro Refurbs for $300.Each. Wish I had a couple Dozen now.

[attachment 351124 84061399-2DB4-4F9A-9311-185CD377FB43.jpeg][attachment 351125 BFA83AD3-0E8D-4828-934A-144D63A392A0.jpeg]Gentlemen, I’m new to hunting on the beach with my IDX-PRO but found this little gem in a spot where there may be any old wrecked ship. Canyons help me date the square nail. Nothing left on coin to determine origin or time? Understand there are a number of old Spanish shipwrecks up and down the TEXAS Coast.

Thanks in advance for any help,

John