Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MSRP

woodchiphustler

Is the actual price per one USA Distributor. This is for the New Racer. Pro pack is 849.00

woodchiphustler said:
Is the actual price per one USA Distributor. This is for the New Racer. Pro pack is 849.00

as far as I understood $849 is MSRP for the pro pack and I thought Dilek stated MAP is 85% of msrp which would make map $721.65... That ws what I thought anyhow...then I saw a dealer with it listed at preorder for $849 with $999 next to it crossed out like $999 is msrp.....

The MSRP for the standard detector is $649 and Pro Pack $849 as can be confirmed at the Makro website at http://www.makrodetector.com/package-contents-racer-metal-detector.html
Clock on the Contents tab and look in upper right.

I have never seen a post anywhere from Dilek about MAP pricing.

Here is full detector and accessory MSRP Price List http://www.detectorprospector.com/gold-prospecting-equipment/images/Makro-Racer-Metal-Detector-Prices-2015.pdf

woodchiphustler,

The Texas dealer I think you are referring to looks like he pulled the original prices of the Makro Racer Pro Pack and Stnd Pack as well as accessories out of the air (made them up). He lists the original price of the Pro pack at $999 and the Stnd Pack at $764. Then he lines that number out and lists the sale price at the MSRP levels ($649 and $849). Same issue with the accessories.

He has a right to sell his products at whatever price he wants, but it seems deceptive to list a price WELL above MSRP and then reduce it to MSRP as a sale price.

Oh well, we each get to shop where we want, and I have already responded to them that my business will go elsewhere. I do not consider that process an honest approach of doing business. Some folks that do not follow these threads will think they are getting a good sale price.

I do not have a problem paying MSRP, I just do not like the deceptive approach they use to get there. I would much prefer them to just list the price at MSRP and leave it at that.

Mike

Euro dropped to an 11 year low today.
Talk of pricing for something imported 6 weeks for now is premature and superfluous.
What difference does it make when prospective buyers have already worked themselves into such a frenzy they would sell their first born children to a slaver to get the thing!!!!??

Not the dealer. The price is still very fair in my opinion.

sprchng said:
Euro dropped to an 11 year low today.
Talk of pricing for something imported 6 weeks for now is premature and superfluous.
What difference does it make when prospective buyers have already worked themselves into such a frenzy they would sell their first born children to a slaver to get the thing!!!!??
What the heck are you going off about.....although using superfluous in its proper context gets you a gold star on your cheek.

Just trolling at everyone's drooling :)
It snowed here and it's too cold to detect.....................

Mike,

As the "dealer in Texas", I can assure you the prices I posted are off the price sheet provided by Detector Electronics, the U.S. distributor for Makro products. I don't know why other price lists are being circulated, but the advertised prices (commonly referred as MAP) are $649 and $849. I'm not sure why others including a Makro spokesperson are calling these prices MSRP, but a quick search on EBay will confirm what other dealers will have for a minimum advertising price.

It's common in the USA to offer a MSRP and a reduced MAP price. I'm not sure where the problem lies, but I contacted the distributor again and confirmed that my prices are correc and do reflect what is commonly known as MAP pricing. I'm not sure the representative in Turkey understands the USA MAP format.

I'm not a sponsor on here, so feel free to contact a sponsoring dealer to confirm this information.

Wayne

Wayne, sorry for making the statement I did. Sounds like confusion over what the MSRP price really is. Not sure if I can remove my post, but I will at least make it clear that I apologize for the harsh and critical words I used.
I am sure you have a reputable and quality company, and I jumped the gun and made very negative and critical comments.

Thanks for setting the record straight.

I do wish you the very best, and hope you have a great day.

Mike

Makro does not play the MSRP and MAP "game" that others like to play. MSRP is just a joke designed to create a perceived savings in people's minds. Is anybody really still that stupid? It is a make believe number that means nothing.

The real question here is not whether the price list lower prices are MSRP or MAP. It is just the price, ok? The question I have is - where did the higher prices come from? The Makro website and Dilek consistently show one set of prices. Did the US distributor arbitrarily create its own marked up MSRP prices just to create the illusion that the prices being circulated now are something they are not?

How about we just deal for the first time with a metal detector company that treats us like adults. Apple does not do this. My iPad costs what my iPad costs. I am just fine with prices that have been circulated as being "the price". They are fair and I might add, aggressive prices.

Let's just stop with the games.

I just wanta see some reviews..Im ready for something new lota hype about this machine.

steve herschbach said:
The MSRP for the standard detector is $649 and Pro Pack $849 as can be confirmed at the Makro website at http://www.makrodetector.com/package-contents-racer-metal-detector.html
Clock on the Contents tab and look in upper right.

I have never seen a post anywhere from Dilek about MAP pricing.

Here is full detector and accessory MSRP Price List http://www.detectorprospector.com/gold-prospecting-equipment/images/Makro-Racer-Metal-Detector-Prices-2015.pdf

I could be wrong Steve. I thought I read where she had stated the map vs msrp thing but maybe I am confusing it with something else I read..

Yep, these are already listed on ebay. Are all dealers going to carry this detector or just a small few? Interested in getting one but would like to see some sort of results first. I just sold my deus because I thought its VID was horrible for the price. Never had a clue what was going to come out of the ground compared to my etrac. So anyways im hoping the Racer will be fast and ID better. Thanks

Thought I read it as well, was trying to remember where...

Sven said:
Thought I read it as well, was trying to remember where...

are you talking about the map 85% of msrp thing Sven? I hope so because I feel like I am losing my mind. I am sure I saw it posted somewhere and now I cannot find it either....

Yes meant to look for it last night, got side tracked

Hello all..all prices listed by us are MSRPs. However, we sell to many different countries so when you add the shipping costs + taxes, each distributor in each country will determine the final sell price so the situation may be different compared to US manufacturers’ pricing. Maybe that is where the confusion is coming from. Just to give you an example, if you were to buy the RACER in Turkey directly from our sales office, you would pay MSRP $649 + 18% VAT totaling $765. If you check the Turkish site of Makro, you will see that the price is 1800 Turkish Lira and 1USD = 2,35TL currently so in USD it equals to $765 including taxes.

And MAP (minimum advertised price) is 85% of the MSRP. MAP just helps manufacturers to protect their brand image as too much discounting (sometimes done intentionally by certain resellers for a number of reasons) can work against new and innovative products. Hope this helps guys.

such is the frenzy they would sell their granny as well as their kids -)