Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mud coin shooting with the Infinium

Dancer

I use the Inferno often enough on land hunting for coins, jewelry, and yes my share of trash. You got to pick the right spots to do this though. Just a little common sense needed. You just can't have a lot of fun taking the P. I. into a trashy area. But, I have the most success hunting practice fields. These fields aren't manicured and up kept as much. They are used for different purposes. And generally not trash invested. You can expect to find anything. Lot of these fields have deep top soil and this is where the Infinium shines. Doesn't happen all the time but yesterday I came back with a silver pendant , and 14K mans ring, and$5.32 in change. This time using the 8" mono coil. Not to mention the trash. Which wasn't all that bad.
Most of my land hunting, I use the deadly AT Pro but the Inferno will shine in the right spots.
The P I is a nickel rooting machine, so good on Gold.

Sound like you found its niche. Using the right tool for the job at hand. No one detector can do it all. Keep enjoying the strength of the Infinium.
As for nickles, I have at least tippled my salt water nickle recovery using the Infinium over all VLF detectors I have. If you are missing nickles, you are missing gold!

Well been a couple of years, so a little update. Usually in late September I start using the Infinium a lot more. I'm talking Mud hunting for clad & Jewelry around parks, sports fields. Been doing this for a few years. So the aluminum trash isn't much of a problem much. December Wife and I head for the Gulf for 3 months. So the one big benefit of hunting the Inferno before going down is getting used to the two tones. And something really big is ground balancing and brushing up on changing frequencies for any emi interference. I really like the mono coils, but sometimes the DD coil is the only one that can be used in some salt water areas. Once getting used to the tones, a lot of trash digging can be cut way back. Being able to switch coils, belt, chest,or shaft mount makes the Garrett pretty versatile. Now if someone could bulldoze about 3' of sand off the beach.