Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mud n' rain protective cover

SeaScene

Rainy season here in BC ... bought the cover for the Anfibio (advertised as fitting Kruzer, Gold Kruzer as well). Not a good fit and keeps falling off. Seems a trivial question but my controls are mud covered most days. I think it wise to cover up in these conditions. Anybody adapt, make or 3rd party a good protective control cover. ... thanks

Well, I just got blasted answering this on another form of social media, by some close minded guy. But I saw this video when it came out and have used this ever since on a couple different detectors with great success.

You can always read through them with no sloppy cover glare and can easily be replaced

I've also seen Choppadude, I believe it was, offer up a button idea. Once I do that mine will be shrink wrapped.

Edit..video embedded with ads !

Thanks for that BT.... good idea and I will give it some thought. What were you referring to Choppadude (button idea)....

.... good luck
S

Shrink wrap, novel idea. I have used plastic baggies in the past when using a Tesoro. So always have one or two in my detecting bag if I don't have the proper cover. There was a guy in the Ukraine that made wonderful covers for many different brands of detectors. He sells on Fleabay.

Sven said:
Shrink wrap, novel idea. I have used plastic baggies in the past when using a Tesoro. So always have one or two in my detecting bag if I don't have the proper cover. There was a guy in the Ukraine that made wonderful covers for many different brands of detectors. He sells on Fleabay.

I bought those covers for my Etrac from the Ukrainian guy. It was a 3 piece set, I really wanted the one piece that went from the grip to under the armrest, and man they were some quality pieces. I still shrink wrapped the head unit.

Apparently I violated the rules, and I'm not sure why. It wasn't my videos, perhaps that why. But I've thought it was helpful. So please don't search that tube site for metal detector screen protector by user mowerdog.

Back in the old days, we just used a baggy and some electrical tape. Cheap and effective.

If you do a search on the net you can find these Makro Kruzer covers. I think they are the best quality covers that one can obtain for a machine of any brand or model. I do not want to violate any rules of the forum so I will abstain from using the company name. These can be found doing some searches online. Also, here is a link I posted a few weeks ago which is in a similar category of your question. Dealing with the inevitability and prevention of detector controls being mud caked like a mud scupper.
https://www.findmall.com/read.php?100,2474862,2474862#msg-2474862

Good luck and happy hunting.
Jason