Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Muddin It with the G2 1878 Indian and some ?

cometguy

Well, we all agreed it was too muddy to go filed hunting in Indiana because of recent rains. I agreed, but decided I had to try it anyway. I went back to the field that gave up the 1847 quarter and 1894 dime. I wasn't paying much attention, just wandering when I got a great signal. I dug it and it turned out to be a nice 1894 Indian penny. I looked around and realized I was back within 15 feet of where I found the others. Makes me thing there was another house site on this property that I have been hunting for years. I always concentrated on where people told me the structure was in the field. I have found a lot of stuff, but three coins in two trips is more than I usually find here. I do find some other interesting stuff. The shiny necklace piece gave me a start when it blinded me while still in the dirt. The other piece was so packed with mud I didn't realize it was open. It has a cool hanger looking end on both sides so I am guessing a pin. Yes it was muddy but worth the trip.

Don
HH

We will definitely be going back. I am hunting the site of an old tavern. I have been hitting it for eight or nine years in the spring and the fall. In that time I have found a lot of interesting artifacts but only three silver coins. I have had good luck with Indian heads but not much with silver.
I moved out from my known structure area and hit two silver coins in less than five minutes. This newest Indian was easily within 20 feet of where I dug the other silver. The jewelry pieces came from within another 20. I just hope the weather and rain lets me get back into this field before the farmers start planting.

Don
HH

nice!!!

Ilove the iron too