Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mulling...:surrender:

arizonaames

I am thinking for adding the TDI to my arsenal. I think that it be a good compliment to my MXT and allow me the versatility of working under power lines, salt beaches, and the wild west. I think that the new vista adds nothing but bells and whistles to the already great 10sec and go MXT. What do yo think of my decision? I have a Surfmaster 11 plus for fresh water lakes. The S11 is a VLF machine for underwater use as well.:unsure:

Hi AZ
I picked up a used one with the stock coil and like it a lot, but I'm kind of a dig it all hunter. I use the minimum disc on my my MXT. So I'm used to digging a lot of trash, but pays off in more of the gold. The TDI is a great nugget machine and you will dig a lot of small iron, I have dug 24" holes to find old tin cans and horse shoes as well. I dug an 18" hole in rocky, hard pack on my claim for a Garrett Snuff can lid that was a little larger than a silver dollar. I just knew it was a big old yellow chunk of gold, but sorry to say it was not, :confused: sure sounded good. I have found several little .5 gm nuggets at 4-6" on my claim here in CO. It will handle any materialized soils on this continent and will sail over VA. red iron ground like it is not there. The TDI's have held their own in the DIV Relic hunts against the over priced ML PI's, and Steve H. has done some coin shooting with it as well. I have used it to go over ground that I cleaned out with the MXT in all metal (no Disc) and then hit it hard for deep rings ans silver with limited success. Did I mention this thing is deep, It wont air test any better than a VLF but for real in the ground results it is at least 30% deeper than any VLF I have used. I don't feel it's a good all around detector by any means, but it does have a place in my stable of detectors. I think the Garrett Infinium is almost as good and I use the Infinium in the creek and water on my claim. I hope this helped a little AZ. If you want much Tech stuff AZ PM me.
Good luck and HH
C

Thanks C. I guess it has a bit of a learning curve and no auto grounding. Steve H swears by it and one can discriminate with practice. I will give it a go. I really liked my MXT for nugget shooting in NV with a lot of mineralization. I think that the TDI will be deeper and almost the same once I get over the learning curve.