Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Multi Coin Spills ? Could be Analog driven, huh ?

Dancer

I trade off my AT Pro with the Vista X depending. On terrain , how I feel or what ever. I got many years on that Pro and it's well enjoyed. Now the X is deeper in my experances. But I'm finding more multi coin holes (clad) with the Analog X. Im thinking it's cause maybe I'm not digging some bouncing numbers on the digital (screen) Pro. Now I do get multi coin holes with the Pro, but not nearly as many. Listening to the Analog seems to be the difference.
, rather than mulling over numbers. Taken together these 2 machines can really desamate a site.

Dancer, I think you are correct on the closer listening part. When watching the screen, and you see a bunch of bouncing numbers, we often write it off as trash.
I began detecting in the 1970's, and thats all we had is analog audio. You just cant beat a good audio system, plus there is more suspense digging up a good signal, whereas digital,
often tells exactly what it is, and takes some of the fun out of it. Then again, at the end of the day its nice to take out the screen machine, and be more selective in putting our last bit of dwindling energy only into digging the really good targets. They both have their place.

For me, Audio is king. Even on a detector with Visual target ID - the audio still trumps. A good detector has excellent audio characteristics. In fact, I'll say that my detectors MUST have excellent audio characteristics or they won't be purchased in the first place.

Rich -

Ever notice also when a new machine comes out that the new machine results are like magic as people learn their new machines,i.e they dig a lot to learn the detector.

I have used analog detectors for many years (Fisher CZ series)
I bought my first analog detector in 86 White's Coinmaster I was off and running.
But the new digital detectors are here to stay they dominate in every field detecting.
Minelab And XP rule.
Target separation and the iron bias makes them unbeatable.
The Equinox amazes me almost every time I use it.