Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

multi freq in beach 1 & 2

tommass

Looking at the Nox 800. In beach 1 & 2 how many of the five frequencies are being utilized. A while back I saw a utube video of a gold chain in shallow saltwater that the 800 identified but the other machine could not. Is that because the 5,10,15,20 and 40 Khz are working together or are only three or four frequencies being utilized in beach 1 & 2?

All we know is what ML has said which is that it "weights" toward lower or higher frequencies depending on your mode.

Does that mean its not using them all?
Does that mean its always using them all?
Is it using all the freqs and only paying attention to 1 or 2?

Your guess is as good as anybodys

Like Jason said its anybody's guess but one thing is for sure it will smack down some tiny pieces. I am just enjoying the ride :detecting:
Jeff

Also....don’t believe everything that shows up on U-tube. There are a lot of variables to testing.

I’m hoping ( maybe wishfully) that 50 tones will help me differentiate between non-ferrous and ferrous targets that overlap in TID.

Greg...... ive switched over to 50 tones for that very reason. So far i like it, especially with the lower volume on iron.

The 20 and 40 frequency are for gold mode .they don’t work with the regular multi mode my understanding of it

When in MultiIQ, all 5 frequencies are being used although in differing weightings which in turn makes them more sensitive to specific types of targets.

Beach 1 and 2 does not allow single frequency to be selected while on the Equinox 800, only the 20 kHz and 40 kHz can be selected as single frequencies in the GOLD 1 and GOLD 2 search profiles.

And as far as YouTube and other videos online, it has already been stated that just because it is online does not mean its true . . . some good information out there but an awful lot of bad information as well,

Andy

tommass said:
Looking at the Nox 800. In beach 1 & 2 how many of the five frequencies are being utilized. A while back I saw a utube video of a gold chain in shallow saltwater that the 800 identified but the other machine could not. Is that because the 5,10,15,20 and 40 KHz are working together or are only three or four frequencies being utilized in beach 1 & 2?

???????????????????????????????​

The differing functional behaviour of paired modes, is NOT due to frequencies;

but rather the 'hidden' protocols associated with each.....Minelab would never explain precisely what's involved.....that's their 'secret'.

REMEMBER......when simply searching for targets, (not examining targets) keep Recovery and Fe Bias as low as possible, for optimum response.

FREQUENCIES.....e.g.....BEACH 1 & 2 are the same.....Principally, 40 KHz and 20 KHz....and 50 KHz........matt

Greg (E.Tn) said:
I’m hoping ( maybe wishfully) that 50 tones will help me differentiate between non-ferrous and ferrous targets that overlap in TID.

??????????????????????????????​

Hi Greg...….I'm a little confused by your post.

What Fe targets generate the same audio-tones as non-Fe , that you think 50 tones will differentiate better?

What Fe targets overlaps non-Fe targets TID wise......?

Recovery Speed and Iron-bias are the tools for 'overlapping-audio' …….i.e. Non-Fe adjacent to an Fe target