Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

multi kruzer depth question

In my soil about 2" on a nickel. Depending upon coil size and soil conditions, your other detector settings. If your running higher Gain into the 90's , your doing it for a reason...

From what I have read, it depends on what tones you are running. Big difference in 3 tones, but not much in 4 tones. I will know more when mine gets hear. lol

ok thanks for the info sven… I just got the kruzer couple days ago.. not been out in the field yet, waiting to thaw out here in ohio. The program I put in an saved 14khz..3tone..gain 94..disc3.. notch4 ..fe vol n3..tbreak 5-70..tone 15-50-70..isat 0....can't wait to get out and start testing...my coil is the standard coil.. but I'm definitely getting the 7 inch concentric coil which will probably be my go to coil. I'm guessing these settings will be a decent starting point.

ddwk1959 said:
my coil is the standard coil.. but I'm definitely getting the 7 inch concentric coil which will probably be my go to coil. I'm guessing these settings will be a decent starting point.

You will probably forget about the standard coil when you buy the 7” concentric coil. I really like it. I have the 5” coil for heavy trash sites but I think it is not really needed that much because the 7” can handle most jobs.

yes sataro absolutely... I have always preferred the 7 an 6 inch coils over the standard coil... i've been out of the hobby for 6 to 7 years i'm excited to get back out there.

Sataro said:
my coil is the standard coil.. but I'm definitely getting the 7 inch concentric coil which will probably be my go to coil. I'm guessing these settings will be a decent starting point.

You will probably forget about the standard coil when you buy the 7” concentric coil. I really like it. I have the 5” coil for heavy trash sites but I think it is not really needed that much because the 7” can handle most jobs.

I'm thinking so, too. Just got my 7 inch a few weeks ago, of course my ground is snow covered and frozen solid. I also bought the 13" which arrived yesterday. I'm thinking I will be teetering between the too.

This not getting out due to locked up ground is killing me.

After using the 7” coil, I decided I needed the 9” concentric coil. It has arrived & now got to find time to go try it out.

ddwk1959 said:
how much depth will I lose running gain at 89 compared to running gain at 94

In what mode?

In 3-TONE mode you'll loose a fair bit, because it's programmed with a hyper reactivity speed with the gain @ 89 or lower. In 4-TONE mode, you'll loose depth, but not as much as you will in 3-TONE mode. I usually run my MMK with a gain around 97-98 if I can get away with it.