Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Multi Kruzer flooded on first lake trip

Tom Slick

Took my Multi Kruzer to the lake this morning for the first time. It lasted about 10 minutes after I got the control box submerged. The box never got more than 3 to 4 inches below the surface and all of a sudden it started overloading and wouldn't stop. As I was walking back to the truck I noticed water covering about 1/2" of the bottom of the screen on the inside. Guess I'll have to send it in for repair. Now I just have to find out where to send it. Any help on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Tom ideas

Thanks for the address. I got their phone number earlier and have a call into then but haven't heard back yet. Probably closed on Mondays. Funny, I did durability testing on the Kruzer 7x11" standard coil for Makro and also on the wireless headphones. They probably should have had me do the waterproof testing for them. :surprised: They have great customer service so I'm confident this will get resolved shortly.

Tom Slick said:
Took my Multi Kruzer to the lake this morning for the first time. It lasted about 10 minutes after I got the control box submerged. The box never got more than 3 to 4 inches below the surface and all of a sudden it started overloading and wouldn't stop. As I was walking back to the truck I noticed water covering about 1/2" of the bottom of the screen on the inside. Guess I'll have to send it in for repair. Now I just have to find out where to send it. Any help on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Tom ideas

This is the first time that I've heard of a Kruzer leaking. This is the second water season that I've been using my Kruzer and MMK extensively underwater without and problems. Good luck on getting it fixed and please report back on how the issue was resolved.

Control box sent off to the Nokta/Makro service center. Can't wait to get it back.

Received a new control box back from the Service Center. OUTSTANDING Service from Nokta/Makro as always.
Thanks Van for the quick turnaround. :clapping:

Hey Tom, did Van send you an new control box or was it your control box refurbished?.

I received a New control box.

Just asking cause I had to send mine in to Van after a water hunt as well. I only had it in a few inches myself. I'm not sure how one would prevent the module from drowning in knee deep water.

The Service center in Georgia had the new control box in stock. As soon as they received mine, they sent the new one out to me. About 9 days total time from when I shipped mine in.

I got mine in about 2 weeks, brand new control box. Mine had been serviced earlier for burnt out LED's, so maybe that's why it flooded.

Happened to two other members of the club I belong to when they took them in the water. Both replaced under warranty. I am paranoid about getting mine wet now.