Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

multi kruzer. in fresh water 1st try

calibil

First , thanks to Richard at Backwoods to whom I purchased a almost new Kruser

Well built machine, ran it in all modes, 5khz, 14,19, ( frequency only operates one at a time ) four tonesI liked most and used the 7in concentric coil
Ferous bars were near maxed out , machine ran very smooth I ran it a little hot. Stable gb and then a few taps plus, used vibrate feature with the wireless
Headphones. Yes the wireless headphones cut off when the unit is fully submerged but the vibrate feature still works ( adjustable to )
And when the housing is out of water the wireless connects insantly, very nice!
Not to many targets, but did find some small earrings and coins. Ran the ferrous at 0 ( adjustable )which means iron is still detected
But not heard, good feature.
I can only comare the Muli to the AT Gold which I have extensively used, Multi is deeper, runs smoother and will find smaller targets in water. Have had water
Leakes three times with the AT ( housing issues ). The Multi is made more of a Ridgid material and doesn't seem as chinsy
As the AT housing. My nickname for AT line is Titanic
The amount of features , build quality , and ability to find targets in highly mineralised sand in my opinion make the Multi one of the most versatile
Vlfs out there now in a water detector.
The detector will sink, DOES NOT FLOAT, good yes, at least the river current won't take it to far if she gets away.
I plan on getting the wired waterproof headphones. like some manufacturers the headphone port has a proprietary
Connection so no Grey Ghost yet. But the headphone port is also the charge port for the internal battery. I like the
On board battery idea, one less place for a water leak.

Cali Bill

Boy I'm glad I found you!!!! I'm really closing in on buying the Kruzer Multi and your post answered a lot of my questions and starting to give me that tingly feeling you get when you know your about to get a new toy..... But when you say the signal is lost upon submersion what vibrates the machine or the wireless phones and how much does it vibrate,,, maybe I should opt for the wired phones too?

how is the Kruzer for a beginner and I say that because I'm from the "beep and dig" community and trust me I'm a little lost on a VID but I do understand what most options might do on a machine. does the kruzer have pre-programs I can set it and forget it???

don't care about fine tuning for an extra inch or two but hoping it will hit a ring at a acceptable depth.. hows the warranty work do you send it back to the dealer or to the company which is overseas I think?

I'm still waiting for feedback on the MXsport but the Kruzer is ahead for now,,,, ATpro I decided I never want one not even for free because of leaks like you said,,, someone told me if everybody who owns a AT pro submerged them underwater more than 1/2 would leak but most who own them don't go under water so they never know and then garret charges 250.00 for a blown board because their unit leaked to begin with,,,,, I'm all set with hack Quality Control..