Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!



Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Multi kruzer in test bed.

Bigtom123

New member
Here’s some things I’ve noticed..have a 6 and 8 inch mercury dimes,,and a 10 inch Washington,,all honest depths from coin to soil buried over 8 years ago easily...multi kruzer no matter what mode or disc will not hit the 6 inch merc with gain at 89 or lower..Put it at 90 and it hits the 6 and 8 inch mercs ..I as in all frequencies for that test,all the same results running in 2,3 and 4 tone modes....In 5 kHz with gain at 95 in 4 tone and 3 tone it crushes the 10 inch Washington.Havent tried 2 tone on that one.
Got some more testing to do,but I would suggest deep coin hunters in western Pennsylvania at least,,not go below 90 gain,At 90 gain it will hit hard in all frequencies,deep coins..5 kHz will absolutely crush deep coins,not many machines will hit that 10 inch Washington including the Etrac I recently just sold.And I have a lot of time on the Etrac,no setting would touch it..As a matter of fact the only machine I recall ever hitting the 10 inch Washington was a xterra 705 with a tornado coil,that was a deep combo.
I had a Impact,but didn’t care for-all the modes,never used them and really sold it for that reason.
I’ve been looking at the 15x14 inch coil,not sure though,that’s a lot of do re me..I have it put away,just trying to justify the expense...I have no other coils but the stock,but I must say with a little fiddling it’s very impressive..I’m just so surprised that 89 gain would not even peep on the 6 inch merc,,one more point of gain to 90 and it blew past the 6 inch merc and slammed the 8 inch..
 

Cal_Cobra

Active member
What mode did you conduct these tests in ?

I run mine at 98 gain, and it hits coins deep, got a two reale at a hammered site that my hunt partner couldn't believe I got it at, and it was a solid 10+ inches deep.
 
Was there much noise? mine gets so noisy at 90 and above I end up running it under 90 to keep the noise down. 4 tones is unusable till I get around 40 gain.
 

Monte

Well-known member
I didn't notice if you were using the stock coil or an optional size/type.

I have long taken a different approach to setting the Sensitivity/Gain of a detector. Way back when I would maybe start at a lower or medium setting and increase the Sensitivity a little at a time to check the unit's level of stability. I gave that up decades ago because so much is dependent open uncontrollable nearby EMI sources. Even those can vary at times in many urban locations based on the time of day or day of the week.

I set my detectors up, at the start, for the highest or close-to-highest Sensitivity level and hunt there, and only reduce the setting if I need to counter any offending EMI noise ... making sure the search coil in NOT held in then air but is at the operating height. On my CoRe, Relic, Racer 2, Impact and Multi-Kruzer the 3-Tone mode was always set at '99' Sensitivity. I very seldom had to reduce it due to bothersome EMI noise. I did opt for a reduced setting, on occasion, when working a really ugly site with a terrible iron junk level when using the smallest search coil.

I generally use smaller-size to mid-sized search coils and haven't had a single complaint regarding achievable coin depth with any of my Nokta or Makro products. For whatever reason I have had a mental block when it comes to liking any standard to bigger elliptical search coil in the 7X11 to 8X11 type size range. I prefer a rounder-shaped search coil in the 9" to 11" diameter than the elliptical design, but mid-sized coils, such as the 5X9½ open-frame DD work for me just fine. Probably from using round shaped standard coils for over half-a-century. :shrug: Not sure, but all those bigger elliptical designs just do not appeal to me. So my in-the-field performance with the Multi-Kruzer gave me very acceptable depth using the 7" Concentric or 5X9½ DD search coils, and that included a silver Mercury dime to ±9".

Monte
 

Bigtom123

New member
sandnsea49 said:
After such a great review and how deep it goes, why are you selling it?

I have several machines,and just purchased a f70 that was listed for $230,,couldn’t pass it up.lol..But,,,After using the kruzer over the weekend I think it’s gonna stay put and somthing else will be going..And if you notice my asking price,I’m definitely not giving it away like some people are with they’re machines..I’m not comparing the multi kruzer to any one detector,but I’ve bought the latest ones out by other companies and in my opinion none outperform the kruzer...
I’ve ran the multi kruzer on curbs last night,wires overhead and ran 90 plus gain in 5 and 19 kHz for about 3 hours ,,,3 And 4 tone with no Emi whatsoever.
 

Bigtom123

New member
Monte said:
I didn't notice if you were using the stock coil or an optional size/type.

I have long taken a different approach to setting the Sensitivity/Gain of a detector. Way back when I would maybe start at a lower or medium setting and increase the Sensitivity a little at a time to check the unit's level of stability. I gave that up decades ago because so much is dependent open uncontrollable nearby EMI sources. Even those can vary at times in many urban locations based on the time of day or day of the week.

I set my detectors up, at the start, for the highest or close-to-highest Sensitivity level and hunt there, and only reduce the setting if I need to counter any offending EMI noise ... making sure the search coil in NOT held in then air but is at the operating height. On my CoRe, Relic, Racer 2, Impact and Multi-Kruzer the 3-Tone mode was always set at '99' Sensitivity. I very seldom had to reduce it due to bothersome EMI noise. I did opt for a reduced setting, on occasion, when working a really ugly site with a terrible iron junk level when using the smallest search coil.

I generally use smaller-size to mid-sized search coils and haven't had a single complaint regarding achievable coin depth with any of my Nokta or Makro products. For whatever reason I have had a mental block when it comes to liking any standard to bigger elliptical search coil in the 7X11 to 8X11 type size range. I prefer a rounder-shaped search coil in the 9" to 11" diameter than the elliptical design, but mid-sized coils, such as the 5X9½ open-frame DD work for me just fine. Probably from using round shaped standard coils for over half-a-century. :shrug: Not sure, but all those bigger elliptical designs just do not appeal to me. So my in-the-field performance with the Multi-Kruzer gave me very acceptable depth using the 7" Concentric or 5X9½ DD search coils, and that included a silver Mercury dime to ±9".

Monte

Hi monte,I read a lot of your threads,posts,,great info..I was using the stock coil on the kruzer,,And At 89 gain it will not hit the 6 inch merc dime with zero disc,using all frequencies..Not a peep,tried it again over the weekend...I tried all different sweep speeds,directions,and nothing..When I bump it to 90 it screams on the 6 inch merc,in all frequencies at all swing speeds.The 8 inch merc also,,although at 19 kHz I do bump the gain to 97 to get a more solid hit.
Emi has not been a factor at 90 plus gain.I noticed in 5 kHz last night when I sat the machine down it was a little chatty,picked it up and was quite without swinging it..I think it was hitting rebar from a old sidewalk buried long ago.
The multi kruzer in my opinion is leaps ahead of the racer 2 in tailoring,mainly because of the different frequencies..I do miss the trigger and don’t care for where the pinpoint is on the kruzer,,but I understand they designed the machine for water use and a trigger wouldn’t be the best route for that application..I feel the kruzer is a racer 2 at heart when running 14 kHz,don’t see a leap in difference..But in 5 and 19 kHz it’s a different beast all together..I’ve ran machines with selective frequencies and none ran as smooth from one frequency to the next as the kruzer.Makro definitely got this thing right.
 

Monte

Well-known member
Bigtom123 said:
Hi monte,I read a lot of your threads,posts,,great info.
'Thank You' for the kind words.


Bigtom123 said:
I was using the stock coil on the kruzer,,And At 89 gain it will not hit the 6 inch merc dime with zero disc,using all frequencies..Not a peep,tried it again over the weekend...I tried all different sweep speeds,directions,and nothing..When I bump it to 90 it screams on the 6 inch merc,in all frequencies at all swing speeds.The 8 inch merc also,,although at 19 kHz I do bump the gain to 97 to get a more solid hit.
Again, as I mentioned, I always run a detector as reasonably hot as possible and only reduce the Sensitivity/Gain if compelled to due to EMI or a too-dense trash environment. My CoRe, Relic, Impact, Racer 2 and Multi-Kruzer 3-tone mode Sensitivity settings are all saved at '99' and I only reduce it when needed. That happens very seldom, by the way.


Bigtom123 said:
Emi has not been a factor at 90 plus gain.I noticed in 5 kHz last night when I sat the machine down it was a little chatty,picked it up and was quite without swinging it..I think it was hitting rebar from a old sidewalk buried long ago.
I usually do not have an EMI issue unless working too close to power lines/transformers, or too close to some buildings where there's a greater chance of interference, such as public schools and in dense business areas. I use the 5 kHz frequency very seldom, preferring 14 kHz for most applications and for some Relic Hunting needs I opt for 20 kHz using an Impact or 19 kHz with a Multi-Kruzer.

You can get more EMI if a search coil is positioned off the ground, held in the air, or is in a 'sitting' orientation, and less EMI if the coil is parallel to the ground at about a 1" to 2" height, and especially during a search as it will be dealing with the ground mineral signal and that will reduce some EMI from being observed.


Bigtom123 said:
The multi kruzer in my opinion is leaps ahead of the racer 2 in tailoring,mainly because of the different frequencies..I do miss the trigger and don’t care for where the pinpoint is on the kruzer,,but I understand they designed the machine for water use and a trigger wouldn’t be the best route for that application..I feel the kruzer is a racer 2 at heart when running 14 kHz,don’t see a leap in difference.
I agree about the Kruzer and Racer 2 comparison. The Racer 2 is a tough-to-beat model when it comes to performance. It does demonstrate an edge over the Multi-Kruzer in some comparisons I did with one of my test samples, but overall they are very close. I naturally like the toggle switch but, as you noted, to achieve waterproof ability they had to go with the touchpad design and I find it very comfortable to use. I really like the grip design and feel of the Kruzer series, and the balance is also slightly more comfortable, at least to me.


Bigtom123 said:
But in 5 and 19 kHz it’s a different beast all together..I’ve ran machines with selective frequencies and none ran as smooth from one frequency to the next as the kruzer.Makro definitely got this thing right.
The Kruzer, Multi-Kruzer devices are hot performing but they also don't display too much EMI for me, at least in the areas I generally search. I run them hot but they are quite stable and get impressive depth of detection and work well in dense ferrous debris ... as do the Racer 2's.

Monte
 

Cal_Cobra

Active member
I typically detect in 4-TONE on my MMK and run my gain @ 98 unless I have an EMI issue to handle.

One thing to keep in mind (if it hasn't already been noted above) is that the 3-TONE is a hyper speed mode using 89 or lower gain, but with this ultra fast reactivity speed comes the cost of depth, so it's great for working heavy iron, but not great on depth. Personally I've found that when I'm in heavy iron zones, you have to slow down anyways, so I run 4-TONE with high gain and it has no trouble with depth (I dug a measured 10"+ deep seated dime and a 11" deep two reale), and rocks it in iron.

Yeah I totally miss the trigger that the Racers and Impact had, I'm not at all a fan of the current pinpoint button, should've at a minimum had a tactile change (like a QWERTY keyboard has so you can center your fingers by touch vs vision). I think they could've used a waterproof trigger switch, but it likely added to cost and potentially added another water leak point of failure.

Like you I find the MMK to be a superior machine to the Impact, not only is it lighter (feels much lighter/ergonomic), it feels better built (built like a tank), and I didn't need or use over half the Impacts modes, the MMK has all the modes I would ever use and they've improved all of them so their better then the like modes on the Impact. One great thing about this company is that they don't sit idle, their always improving their technology (looking forward to what they announce at Detectival !!!!).

What kind of soil do you have where you're testing/hunting?
 

Wayfarer

Member
Cal_Cobra said:
Yeah I totally miss the trigger that the Racers and Impact had, I'm not at all a fan of the current pinpoint button, should've at a minimum had a tactile change (like a QWERTY keyboard has so you can center your fingers by touch vs vision). I think they could've used a waterproof trigger switch, but it likely added to cost and potentially added another water leak point of failure.

Lack of a trigger switch is the one thing that has kept me from buying a Kruzer. Yes, it's probably a little more involved making it watertight, but the small extra expense would be wll worth it. And it can be done. My old CTX had a very good trigger switch that was both waterproof and not know to develop leaks, so it can be done effectively.

The problem I find with the pushbutton pinpointers is that you have to hold down the button as you sweep, which messes up your grip and also forces you to have to press down on the button with a lot of pressure to keep from it intermittently going on and off. After a few hours of hunting, my thumb feels like it's about to fall off. That's why I got rid of my Gold Bug Pro, in fact, which was otherwise a great detector. And one of the reasons I sold off the Equinox, too.

A lot of the manufacturers have been going to these pushbutton pinpoint switches and it's definitely I trend i DO NOT like. Glad I'm not the only one who prefers the tried and true trigger switch.
 

Low-Boy/LCPM

New member
Now what with the new detector coming out they kind of left us hanging in the wind:surrender:
 
Low-Boy I read they didn't leave us high and dry with the new Anfibio. It is compatible with the Kruzer coils and vice versa and they will have a new 9" concentric coil coming out too.
I like the new Anfibio 11" coil and may get one for my brand new MultiKruzer. I got it with the 5"dd and the 7" concentric coils too so a couple more coil choices will come down the pike.
To me the Anfibio has CACHE, 99 TONES AND 5 TONES THAT I DON'T THINK I WOULD EVER USE AND TONE VOLUME. Sorry not shouting just making clear on differences. Also an adjustable arm sliding cuff.
Probably $250-$300 more than the Multi K. too just like a rebranded waterproof Impact with a new coil is all. They are merging the 2 companies together.

I just got another nice deal with Richard at Backwoods Detectors. I traded in a few other detectors for the new Multi Kruzer and the 2 coils and a new M.L. NOX800 and M.L.35 pinpointer. If your looking for a good fair dealer try Richard out you won't be disappointed.
 

Nokta Detectors

Active member
Low-Boy/LCPM said:
Now what with the new detector coming out they kind of left us hanging in the wind:surrender:

Dear Low-Boy,

I am really sorry you feel this way... . Please read my thread ''Future of Nokta&Makro'' and hopefully you will be more understanding.
Now - regarding the Impact - to be honest with you - we have not been getting any requests for any particular updates.
If many users have any common update inputs, please feel free to share...but please do not forget that we cannot change the screen text on that machine...so it can only be an internal software update at this point.

Dilek
 
Top