Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Multi Kruzer rechargeable battery life

joe dirt_1

I'm curious about the Kruzer's rechargeable battery system. What is the life expectancy of it and is it user replaceable, or does the unit have to be sent to a repair service center to be replaced?
I plan on buying the AA battery pod for my Multi Kruzer to use as a backup power source in case my rechargeable battery goes dead on me..... Thanks

Roger

Well, the Kruzer User Manual says this on page 4:

The Kruzer battery can only be replaced by Makro Detectors or its authorized service centers.

So that's the way they want to handle it. We'll have to see if that policy continues or if
some other replacement method gets their blessing. Also, based on discussions I've
seen elsewhere, the answer might be different in different countries, which have
different legal requirements.

The thing is--unless something has recently changed--there (currently) is no Makro authorized service center in the U.S.------Kellyco services/repairs Nokta products but not Makro.-----That's the way I understand it.
TallTom said:

The Kruzer battery can only be replaced by Makro Detectors or its authorized service centers.

So that's the way they want to handle it. We'll have to see if that policy continues or if
some other replacement method gets their blessing. Also, based on discussions I've
seen elsewhere, the answer might be different in different countries, which have

The control easily unscrews from the s-shaft handle. And shipping to Turkey in a small box shouldn't cost much.
I have been using Lithium-ion LiPo batteries for years with no problem. The Kruzer battery pack is basically like cell phone batteries.

D&P-OR said:
The thing is--unless something has recently changed--there (currently) is no Makro authorized service center in the U.S.------Kellyco services/repairs Nokta products but not Makro.-----That's the way I understand it.

Kellyco is authorized service center for Makro too.

Well, so far this is the onlydown side to the Kruzer. Had my other detector for four months! They did offer to bump me up if I gave them $75. :argue: