Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Multi Kruzer

RANDY CONNELL

Can you update the Multi Kruzer on a apple desk top or I pad if so how.Can you water hunt with the kruzer with out head phones along as the rubber plug is on where you charge the battery port.

Ive had mine in the water twice so far and it was fine submerged with the rubber cap on.
I really am liking the vibration handle for water hunting.

I believe the update has the be done in windows.

I have the MacBookPro and the update is Windoze only. I have my Mac bootcamped which allows me to restart in either Mac or Windows so just switched and installed the update. Too easy!

Yes Phili am asking you how to boot camp the Mac to Windows so I can updat the multi kruzer and then back to mac please sir in easy steps I need simple.

Ok Randy, unfortunately it's not as easy as it sounds. The bootcamp software is found in the Mac Utilities folder and then go into the Utilities folder. It will partition your hard drive into two partitions, a Mac and an IBM. It works awesome for Windows programs but you also need a Windows 7 or 10 disc to finish the install. Since you are looking for a simple solution, what about a family member or friend who uses a PC? You could then follow the process and upgrade your MMK easier than with bootcamp. Although I found Bootcamp sort of easy to do, in reality, the steps are not easy and I did curse and swear getting it done. The friend or family option is likely the best way to go.

You can install VMware Fusion on your Mac Book. I got a new 15" Mac Book Pro at my new job (after being a hardcore PC user since the days of the 286!). I'm still getting used to MacOS, but I have VMware Fusion installed on it with VMs for a firewall, Windows 2012 server, Windows 7 PC, Kali Linux and a network management VM. It works great. VMware Fusion is free.

I would be *VERY* careful doing a firmware update via a VMWare fusion. It doesn't have native control of the Mac's USB port and if it messes up during firmware update you could probably brick your metal detector.

I think you'd be better off buying a cheap windows laptop for $200 or seeing if a friend can do it for you.

Or

Use BootCamp and install windows (via a 30 day trial). I would feel safe doing a firmware upgrade when using BootCamp, because you're running Windows natively on your mac. By natively mean, I mean the OS is in direct control of the USB hardware.

That reminds me. . .I need to run the update on my MMK.

-CS

Coin star, that is why I love Bootcamp. Having said this it is not an easy process for someone not familiar with IT process. The pc alternative would be the way to go for Randy.