Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

multi tone Vaquero

Herb Jones

I know that a high tone mod can be done on the vaquero, ( i don't mind the regular tone) but I would it be interested in modifying one into a 2 tone machine? Is that possible?

Hi Herb:
Herb, you might ask that question in modifications forum. One of those modification guru's just might know how.
Good luck :thumbup:

Was going to, but thought if anyone had, they'd be using it and talking about it here. It would be a sweet mod

People have been asking for a two tone Vaquero/Tejon for years. That never happened, but they did paint them black. At least something changed. :rolleyes:

Look into a DeepTech. I have the Vista Smart Plus and it's two tone with a blazing recovery speed. My go-to machine in iron. It's deeper than my Tejon as well. I couldn't wait for Tesoro. You can also hunt in single tone. However it has little to no discrimination other than iron. If you hunt modern trashy sites than it's not the machine for you. Give them a look

Yep a Tone I.D. Vaquero would be the cats meow.
That's all it would need not even a Display for us Tone I.D. Guys. Must be a reason they don't? It would sell like Hot cakes if they made one. I always heard it had something to do with the GB? Funny Fisher Did it with the CZ 20 with GB and No display so it can Be done.
Don't get it?

It would certainly be a nice feature... I wish I New more about electronics, I would try to figure it out ... but I know my limitations

I would own one for I would just like 3 tone like euro tek pro that would be a super awesome machine!

Harold said:
Yep a Tone I.D. Vaquero would be the cats meow.
That's all it would need not even a Display for us Tone I.D. Guys. Must be a reason they don't? It would sell like Hot cakes if they made one. I always heard it had something to do with the GB? Funny Fisher Did it with the CZ 20 with GB and No display so it can Be done.
Don't get it?

I don’t think it would be an issue at all, as long as the two-tone break was adjustable, as they did on the Pantera, which had a manual GB control. So, Tesoro has already produced this technology and featured it on a detector. I would not care for the notch feature on the Pantera, don’t really need it.

Look Tesoro, just take the Vaquero, change that red button control to a toggle switch and place it under the console (like the Tejon), push the toggle forward to lock into no-motion all metal (to help size up an object); pull it back for temporary VCO auto retune all metal, for pinpointing and determining depth. Put a tone- break adjust potentiometer w/ nob where the red button was, and keep everything else as it currently is . The tone-break nob could also serve as a single tone search setting.... move the nob all the way CCW and you have the high tone Vaq, turn it all the way CW and you have the low tone Vaq. Of course, to get two tones it would need to be set above the disc setting.

and... BAMB! “Sorry, the new Vaquero II is all sold out”