Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Musketeer Advantage GBing & other comments-?

David

I am a little rusty and also would also like to know other peoples techniques. Since it is a silent search machine with no threshold, what is your best way-full technique to manually ground balance a Minelab Musketeer Advantage-??

Thank you.

P.S. Since the Musketeer Advantage has not been talked about for a long time on here. Also any other comments of any kind about that detector is welcome here.

well i have one , and i get the very best depth ,by ground balancing just a bit positive, that is as you lower the coil it humms a bit but not when you raise the coil that is for wearching in all metal and turn the on knob just until it barly starts to intermitantly beep and with this setting i have no problem hitting a 10" dime with even the 800 coil and deeper with the WOT now in disq i balance nutral to very slightly negitiv hope that helps

About 5 years ago, I wrote an article entitled "Musky Hunting Made Easy". You can find the article on Minelab's website, Consumer, Knowledge Base, FAQ section, the last question.

Musketeer Advantage: Do you have any tips for the Musketeer Advantage?
Tips courtesy of "Digger"

http://www.minelab.com/usa/consumer/knowledge-base/faq

They also featured my Musketeer "testimonial" in their brochure. HH Randy
[attachment 201582 MinelabBrochureMusky.jpg]

Thanks for the GB tip Gunnar.

Yes Randy(Digger) you wrote the testimony on Minelabs brochure and also wrote a article on the Musky on Minelabs website. I have read them both a long time ago, and it is time to read the article again.

http://www.minelab.com/usa/consumer/knowledge-base/faq#2791
Some good Musky GB tips on the article above here.! Thanks Randy.

I have to get my Musky and WOT running in the field soon. The 15" DD WOT is the biggest VLF coil I have(I have a 12x24", 20", 25", and 20x40" for my PI). I wish I had a 15"(or 10x18") swath coil for my XT-70, but that 13" DD NEL Tornado is the next best thing available for the XT-70 and 705 now.

David,

Check out this video all about the Musketeer Advantage - it might help.

Good Hunting

Des D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz4zzZ1mgmo