Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Musketeer Advantage

rebel pride

Recently purchased a used musketeer advantage. Detector is in pristine shape but will only get a quarter at 3 to 4 inches when air testing. I had one a few years back and it would hit a quarter at 14 " air testing. Any ideas what I could check or just send it in to service center. Thanks for any input.

Since you had one years ago, I assume you are aware
they get better depth in disc.than all metal.
Maybe a bad coil.. just a guess
Take off coil cover and clean maybe.

I would say that eliminates the coil being bad.
Never heard of the Advantage getting poor depth before.
Hopefully someone else can give you some input.
You may want to also post this on “beep and dig forum”.
Good luck!!

Could very well be that some one started playing with the trimpot adjustments inside and messed it up. Might just be something simple as readjusting them.
Google treasurelinx and go to my Minelab webpage for tuning the trimpot instructions. Or contact Keith Southern from Ga, he is the master at adjusting. And its one of his all time favorite detectors https://www.findmall.com/profile.php?89,1334,ref_message_id=2492526,ref_thread_id=2492526

Thank you Sven for this information. I will check out this website and see if this will help. If not I will contact Keith and see what he thinks.