Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Musketeer XS Threshold.

Curl

Hello All.

I recently purchased a Musketeer XS in almost New condition, and I’m unsure as to whether it needs to have some internal adjustments made to it.

It does not have any Threshold, and ideally I would like to be able to have Threshold so I can be sure that it is Ground Balanced correctly, and also listen for those dropouts that would indicate a very deep target.

When I set the Sensitivity with the TS800 Coil attached, it will Chatter at the point where its almost at Full Sensitivity……which doesn’t concern me that much, as its just a slight turn back to eliminate it. However, when I connect the TS1000, I have to reduce the Sensitivity to about Half to eliminate. I’m wondering if I need to make adjustments to the Internal Pots? If so, what procedure would I use. I understand there are 3 Pots, 1 for All metal, 1 for Discriminate and 1 for Ground Balance(which I should not touch).

I’m thinking that because I have to reduce the Sensitivity to about half…..I’m probably loosing some depth?

Thanks.
Curl.
20201222_131008[1274].jpg

Google my website Treasurelinx Minelab. Top of page you'll find one download and at the bottom is another. Should help. Possible someone mis-adjusted your Musky.

Thank you Sven.
Found it.
Before I start playing with it, a couple of questions if I could so I know I'm on the same page with you.
Looks like there are 2 POT's..... All Metal and Discrimination, and 1 for Ground Balance.
If I turn the External Sensitivity wide open and with the Toggle switch in Discrimination......I then adjust the Discrimination POT(104, not sure which one yet) clockwise or counterclockwise until I get a threshold hum? or until it just begins to chatter? or until the chatter just begins to fade?
Its not my intention to fiddle with the Ground Balance POT(103 I think), but just to satisfy my curiosity.....its for adjusting the preset "Fixed Ground Balance", and will have no effect on the Manual Ground Balance?

Thanks.

Thank you Sven.
Found it.
Before I start playing with it, a couple of questions if I could so I know I'm on the same page with you.
Looks like there are 2 POT's..... All Metal and Discrimination, and 1 for Ground Balance.
If I turn the External Sensitivity wide open and with the Toggle switch in Discrimination......I then adjust the Discrimination POT(104, not sure which one yet) clockwise or counterclockwise until I get a threshold hum? or until it just begins to chatter? or until the chatter just begins to fade?
Its not my intention to fiddle with the Ground Balance POT(103 I think), but just to satisfy my curiosity.....its for adjusting the preset "Fixed Ground Balance", and will have no effect on the Manual Ground Balance?

Thanks.
Contact Keith Southern, he's a Musky master Guru https://www.findmall.com/members/keith-southern.1215/#latest-activity

Tried to contact Kieth, but no response. The thread is gone.
I'll try contacting Minelab.
Anyway, thanks for your help.