Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MX Sport .. 9.5"Concentric Vs. 10"DD

Ozleif

The 9.5"concentric coil is said to be better and hotter than the standard 10"DD on a wet saltwater beach.

Have anyone compared them while recording the result on video ?

Can't say on the sport but everyone said the same thing about the V3i and it uses the same coil as the MXT.

I may get an MX sport, if so will try it on the beach but like most vlf machines it is bound to struggle?

Jerry

Don't know about on the beach, but for general in-town land hunting in the low-mineral soil around Boise, I really like the 9" concentric better than the 10" DD. It's just as deep in the center as the DD, more stable and quieter, pinpoints and ID's better, and is lighter and balances better. Good around trash too, you can just turn down the sensitivity and you have a small concentric. I would think you'd do better on the beach with the 950, which would be a good coil to have anyway.

The most videos of interest so far with the MX Sport on salt water beach was made by "She Detector" unfortunately she did not use a 950 coil in any of the beaches ........ perhaps one day..... hopefully.

Thank you for above participating answers I was just interested in the performance of the 950 concentric coil on a salt beach since I have never seen a concentric coil on a VLF detector that would be better than a DD coil.

On PI detectors yes mono is deeper but I'm not trying to compare detectors or brands................... just the MX Sport for the time being.

I've had the pleasure of using the 10"DD on a wet salt water beach at full bore (sensitivity) and it was sweet more so I'll stick to DD coils on the MX Sport, will be getting the bigger 13" DD coil.

The beaches here are loaded with black sand, I can only run the stock DD coil between 5 and 7 on the beach and 3 or 4 in the water. The 950 coil is a much better coil for the beach. I can run the sensitivity up to 8-9 and the MXS is much more stable. The bad thing with the 950 coil is that it floats and you have to force the coil down while water hunting. It's annoying! Why would White's make floating accessory coils for a waterproof metal detector?