Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MX Sport ~ best settings for farm field?

MickTwin

Hello all,
I haven't been able to detect in months due to an injured wing and busy schedule. My MX Sport has been sitting idle for too long. I'm going to a CT farm field hunt with the stock coil. Need recommendations for settings. All my time with this machine so far has been Coin shooting in parks and lawns. Thanks so much for any help!

Set the program to Coin and Jewelry, Sensitivity between 4 and 6 (your choice), Discrimination to -10. Then go and find treasures.

Personally I like a/m or prospecting. Sat about 5 and sensitivity as high as you can.

I use Relic most of the time or All Metals if there isn't a lot of iron and run the sensitivity as hot as the soil will allow. A lot boils down to personal preference. Prospecting works great as well. I'd say run through a few modes and see what works for you, and when you find a target that seems a bit deeper, try them out on it and see what seems to hit the best,

Be aware that the higher the sensitivity, the smaller the stuff your going to find. Much over 5 and you may be spending a lot of time on small trash. The Sport will pick up very small stuff easily- staples, flecks of foil, etc. Just something to be aware of. Oh, and the little stuff will pinpoint as being deep when in reality it may only be an inch or two.