Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MX Sport finds a big silver!

ramairnut

I hunted a small elementary school near my house that I use to practice hunting through trash. In the past I have found rings, both gold and silver, a wheatie or two but no silver coins........until today. The MX Sport was set in C&J mode, sensitivity at 5, threshold at 4. I got a fairly good 84-87 signal but a little choppy, pinpoint tells me 9.0 inches so I am thinking a quarter that has been here for a while. I dig down to the point that my Makro is completely in the hole and finally get the signal. I remove a handful of dirt and I see the serrated edge of what appears to be a coin at about 45 degrees in the hole. I pull it out to see that it is a big coin with some luster and start to get excited. I brush the dirt off of it and could tell right away it wasn't an old coin but a commemorative holiday coin dated 1995. I thought, oh well, an interesting find but no big deal. Upon further inspection though, I see some small letters that read "1 ounce .999 fine silver. With the last handful of dirt removed, the coin was down close to 9-10". Thank you MX Sport:clapping: