Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MX Sport Finds Gold! (aka "I Once Was Lost and Now I am Found")

davidtn

(Rather than re-write my story here is how I posted it to my Facebook )

"Some of you may not be aware that one of my hobbies is metal detecting as I've done it on and off since I was a teenager and in fact built my very first one from a kit. I am a member of our neighborhood forum so when I saw a post that read "Metal Detector Needed" I was naturally curious. I made contact with the homeowner and turns out he'd lost his wedding band and was hopeful that I might be able to find it.

One of the cool things about this hobby is you get the chance to help people find things that have great meaning to them. The homeowner shared with me that he'd been married over 40 years and that he rarely took his ring off . It had become so tight that he had to have a jeweler enlarge it for him. That, combined with recent weight loss, contributed to the ring being lost in his yard as he was digging flower bulbs.
I went over today (33 degrees with rain/sleet/snow) determined to help find his ring. After about 30 minutes of searching I hit a good signal and found it. (it was jammed into the top layer of dirt) Needless to say he was quite pleased as was I!"

(FYI I found the ring using the Prospector setting as the Coin & Jewelry setting wasn't providing a strong signal for gold.)

Good job.....:detecting:

Good job on the return I hope I get a chance to do the same , did offer to look for a large woman's gold ring made of 3 rings put together lost in a cemetery flower bed, she said no thanks , I'm glad she din,t give me any more details